No announcement yet.

Should I feel bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speaking of dog bites. I was thinking about how stong a dog's jaw is and here is what I found.

#1 Kangal - With an almost unbelievable bite force of 734 psi, the Kangal doubtless has the strongest jaws in the world.

Read more at: https://wagwalking.com/breed/top-dog...strongest-jaws

Comment

your dogs are your responsibility no matter where you live . the minute they step across your property line you are liable for anything that happens .
      that being said you will find no sympathy from country folks about bicycles . keep the damn things in the park not on our highways . your a nuisance , not licensed or insured .

Comment

I live in the country too. We have bike groups that come out and slow down the traffic. Thankfully, that happens just a few times a year. I ride a bike too (casually, not all dolled up) on our roads but I know how to handle dogs that show aggression, bark and an chase after you. I believe dogs can sense your fear and if you show it, they will use it to their advantage. As a little kid, I was scared of mean dogs and they would get aggressive with me. After almost falling off my bike trying to get away, one day, I decided I wasn't going to be scared anymore. It's like the dogs could sense it and those same dogs that would growl and chase me no longer really cared. As I said in my first comment, if someone doesn't know how to handle dogs, then maybe they shouldn't be riding in the country because, regardless of the laws, there are ALWAYS loose dogs running around.

Comment

if he fell as a result of his own inability to ride a bike, nah thats on him. if pup got tangled up in the bike or made contact with him then i'd say the blame lays on your shoulders. that said, keep your dog on your own property and this would be a moot conversation. IMO there's no justifiable reason your pup should be in the roadway regardless of how rural your community is.

Comment

The riders that slow traffic all around Frisco is annoying as hell, but you're still a the dick here. Presuming an easement has been granted, that rider has every legal right to use the road as permitted, and in a court of law you've got zero legal ground to stand on if someone gets bitten.

Comment

Originally posted by JV106 View Post
              And I own half the road. The property owner across the street owns the other half. The county has a road way easement. But my main point is if you ride out in the country this is a risk you take. Everyone’s dogs roam here. Dogs that bite are shot. Pit bulls that are dumped are shot.
              So would someone be legally trespassing on your property by using this road? I'm not sure that's how easements work. Another example, if the road is iced over and someone crashes into a tree are you liable? I mean it's your tree right?

If your dog attacks or causes injury on a public roadway you are responsible. If it happens on your private property where a reasonable person would not normally be then you probably aren't responsible/liable depending on the scenario.

Comment

i'm old enough to remember it being illegal to walk or hitch hike on the hwy . also was illegal to ride a bike on it. dont know how they get away with it now days .

Comment

I'm a bike rider.....though not a faggot but I do look good in a kit. Typically I ride on less travel roads with a couple of buddies. Sorry country livin folks but its safer for all. Plus the point of riding also is to slow down and enjoy the scenery.

We ride with respect to cars. We don't' want to get smacked by a car anymore than holding up traffic. There are douchebag riders that I stay away from. They are dangers for both drivers and other riders.

I've also been ran off the road by an aggressive driver on purpose into a ditch. If that ever happens again I'll file charges in a heartbeat.

I've been chased by many dogs. Just out run them easily.
                  Last edited by Murph Tang; 12-07-2020, 11:56 AM.
                  Murph

Lots of cars that nobody desires

Comment

nothing like topping a hill in a 1ton hauling 18 round bales and finding half dozen bicycles all over the road . been there . flat spotted 1800 dollars worth of tires . imho you have no business riding them in traffic . bike trails or off road .

Comment

And I own half the road. The property owner across the street owns the other half. The county has a road way easement. But my main point is if you ride out in the country this is a risk you take. Everyone’s dogs roam here. Dogs that bite are shot. Pit bulls that are dumped are shot.
                      You may 'own' the property the road occupies but that roadway easement says the general public has full access to the road. If something happens along the road, it's no different than if the road was public right of way (public property).

I'm not taking a side either way, just making a point.

Comment

Originally posted by bubbaearl View Post
                        nothing like topping a hill in a 1ton hauling 18 round bales and finding half dozen bicycles all over the road . been there . flat spotted 1800 dollars worth of tires . imho you have no business riding them in traffic . bike trails or off road .
                        That's just like, your opinion, man.

Texas state law says otherwise.

Comment

Fuck naw, man.
                          YEE YEE FO LIFE!

Comment

Originally posted by TX_92_Notch View Post
                            You may 'own' the property the road occupies but that roadway easement says the general public has full access to the road. If something happens along the road, it's no different than if the road was public right of way (public property).

I'm not taking a side either way, just making a point.
                            Nobody owns the water man, it’s Gods water.

Comment

And I guess you won't shed a tear if your dog got hit by a car while running loose OUTSIDE of your property.

Comment

Originally posted by bubbaearl View Post
                                Used to take an RV into colorado. 37ft RV on a 1 ton van chassis, with hot brakes, going down a mountain, only to have one of those dickheads cruising at 15mph.

Yeah dude, the law might be on your side, but it's going to be a small comfort if you're wound up in my tag axle because my brakes gave out entirely.

Comment

Working...
                                X