Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you had 100k to spend what would you buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pay off the ram and the bass boat and buy one of those garages of Texas garages
    2012 GT500

Comment

bitcoin
      WH

Comment

Here's one for ya...

Back in September this Giannis Antetokounmpo card sold at auction for $1.8M It's a one of a kind, and it's called a "logoman" card b/c the piece of jersey on the card is the NBA logo, not some other piece of a jersey.

A friend of mine owns the 1 of 1 Anthony Davis version of that card (there's lots of debate over who's the better player between the two of them), and his card is going to auction Jan 11 with Goldin Auctions (the Sothebys partner for sports cards)

Speculation in the card community is anything from $500k to somewhere around the $1.8M that the Giannis went for. A rare few even think it could set the record for modern day cards and beat the $3.96 million that a Mike Trout card went for in August. They're using it as the "cover" card to promote the auction.

The best part though, and why it fits in this thread... he paid $16k for it seven years ago. A $1M auction sale will get him a 6150% profit.

Last edited by Strychnine; 01-06-2021, 08:10 PM.

Comment

The card game is just like everything else. Bubbles everywhere.

That was a great investment on your buddies part. I've got a shit ton of kobe rookies and other cars I need to get graded.

Comment

who the fuck still buys sports cards?! all the boomers are dying.

Comment

Originally posted by lowthreeohz View Post
              idk what paving costs but i'd put it towards a paved track behind the house
              my ninja
              Matts1911SA - XBox Live Gamertag

Comment

I have so many baseball cards and good ones with value. One being a rare Chipper Jones rookie card that is apparently worth a lot of money. The only problem is that they are only worth a lot of money if you get them certified and that costs a lot of money due to the level of certification required to fetch a decent amount. So really in the end you don’t make that much money. Certification is a racket.

Comment

I would.

barf in a MIG-29

barf in a p-51

travel

put a crap ton of money into a crappy car to have a expensive crappy car.

donate some to a animal shelter.

Comment

hookers and cocaine. But like $100 on the hookers.

Comment

Working...
                    X