lung cancer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lung cancer

Not really asking for opinions although anyone who has experience please chime in if you have any suggestions on what to expect. My father, who has always been proud and bragged about how healthy he always has been giving that he has smoked for 50+ years had a rude awakening last March that just keeps getting worse. In March of last year he "just felt" like something wasn't right so he got up at midnight and drove himself to the hospital right as the Covid shutdown was beginning to get looked at. Myself and my sister got a text from him at 1:30am that he was told he had a heart attack (very mild one obviously)...the fact that he drove himself really annoyed us...but he always has been stubborn. He was admitted, got a stint and was released as quickly as they could get him out the door because of the first wave of Covid. He did PT for a few months and seemed to be on the mend thru June and July. Around September me and my sister both began to notice he was breathing rather hard during normal activities and wheezing and told him he should see his doctor. He didn't. Over Christmas he came to my house and helped me move some furniture and his breathing was insanely labored so I said something to him. The following day me and my sister sat down with him and insisted that he see his doctor immediately. He finally caved and made an appointment with his cardiologist. He was seen the following Monday and the doctor was alarmed and immediately sent him for X-rays. His cardiologist referred him to a pulmonary doctor who reviewed the X-rays and explained rather grim news to me, my sister and father on a conference call. He saw a radiologist last Wednesday to discuss radiation, had a chest port installed on Thursday, and had a Pet Scan and MRI on Friday. He begins Chemo on Tuesday, Wed and Thursday..with doctor suggesting he not be alone at night from here until further notice. The short is that he has a large mass on one lung..inside and out...and we find out tomorrow the results of the Pet Scan and MRI. I'm at a loss and my head is spinning. I'm not prepared for this and it's speeding toward me at 200mph.

Look into low dose naltrexone. It's worked for my crohn's disease and it's shown quite a bit of promise in a lot of cancers, lung included.

Low dose naltrexone (LDN) has been promising as a complementary medication for patients with a broad range of medical disorders. Although not a proven cure, evidence from clinical trials supports LDN as being a valuable adjunct for disorders in which the immune system plays a centralized role. Addit …

Comment

Man I hope he is on the mend soon! Sorry to hear!
      "PSH!!!"

Comment

Sorry man, yall will be in our prayers.

Tx

Comment

The good news is they caught it before the other lung was damaged. Hopefully chemo works and he won't need surgery. Even if it doesn't though you can live a relatively normal life with one lung.

I hope it works out for the best but even second best still isn't the end of the world.

Comment

i have lost both upper lobes . first one 2011 did not slow me down but the recovery was long. before robotics . second was a year ago. surgery was not too bad but the just in case chemo god damn near killed me . lost 40 lbs and was all but bedridden after 3 rounds .i refused the 4th round. my first tumor was 1.2cm . the second was smaller but living next door to a lymph node thus the chemo .
            i have been on fenbendazole since the last surgery .
            you can function fine with one lobe removed . after the second i am somewhat disabled because i run out of air quick . cant work like i use to .

go to this blog and do some reading . mycancerstory.rocks
            i cleared this with my doc before starting . membendazole is the same drug but cleared for humans .
            Last edited by bubbaearl; 01-20-2021, 09:56 AM.

Comment

My only experience to share is that my stepdad was gone less than 6 months after diagnosis, though at that point it had already spread to his spine. Hopefully your Dad caught it early enough that he pulls through .

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

my doc told me if it gets out of that lung we're fucked . if beyond 3cm it likely has traveled elsewhere . being on the edge is a plus . sadly lung cancer is one of the hardest to chase down and kill . that's why the chemo is so brutal . cisplatin is old school but effective . but it can and will kill you . i knew a 4th round was going to kill me so i called game over .
                i lived on scrambled eggs and high protein milkshakes for 3 months . eating is the tuff part .
                prayer for your pop . it's a hard road he's on .

Comment

The results of the MRI and Pet Scan came back yesterday and gave us a glimmer of hope. His lymph nodes are enlarged/swollen but nothing else was found anywhere else. His first round of chemo begins in about 30 minutes today. We are just going to take it day to day and see how things go.

Comment

Best of luck man.
                    Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                    I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                    Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                    Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                    dont downshift!!
                    Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

was the mass still there on the pet scan ? any cancer should have lit up .

Comment

Originally posted by bubbaearl View Post
                        was the mass still there on the pet scan ? any cancer should have lit up .
                        Oh absolutely the mass is still there..they did the scans to see if it had spread anywhere else..and they said it has not. He is in his first round of chemotherapy right now. His doctor said he was very surprised that my father looked and acted as well as he did because the mass was so large.

Comment

great that it has not spread yet . i am 8 years out on cancer. twice in the lung and once in the bladder. blessed by early detection .
                          just stay on him about eating . after the second round is when it gets hard to eat. eat any amount of anything to keep the weight on and immune strong . breads . pasta , v8 juice , milkshakes with added protein mix , protein bars .
                          i have been on joe tipins protocol for a year now . it may even help with the covid since it is an anti parasitic .

Comment

Originally posted by bubbaearl View Post
                            great that it has not spread yet . i am 8 years out on cancer. twice in the lung and once in the bladder. blessed by early detection .
                            just stay on him about eating . after the second round is when it gets hard to eat. eat any amount of anything to keep the weight on and immune strong . breads . pasta , v8 juice , milkshakes with added protein mix , protein bars .
                            i have been on joe tipins protocol for a year now . it may even help with the covid since it is an anti parasitic .
                            Yeah me and my sister are already all over him about eating...as much as possible. We are getting together with him tonight for dinner and to discuss living arrangements during the chemo and also to try to impress on him how critically important it is for him to eat. He is very stubborn so this is a battle we are having to work out.

Comment

first and foremost the battle with cancer is personal . he will come to grips with it in his own way . it's all he can do . i had plenty of support but still had to accept it on my own . i can tell you we are dying , just dont know when . after that you decide to fight . you dont have to go through the 5 steps. he just needs to pork up ahead of it if possible .
                              it's a horrible damn disease but you can fight it to a draw . i'm determined to get my godson to manhood so i fight. he'll come through this but i would be prepared for the surgery to remove the lobe. it's not as bad as it seems.
                              good luck with the fight . if i can help in any way i'm just a message away .

Comment

Working...
                              X