First guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First guitar

My 14yo daughter has taught herself how to play uke, acoustic guitar, keyboard. For Christmas, the only thing she really really wanted was an electric guitar. So, with the help from a friend who buys/sells/repairs, he hooked us up with a great package deal including an amp. She has no idea. I am so thrilled thinking how much she is going to love this.

Yesterday, on FB Marketplace, a Fender Strat Squier popped up. Hardly used, included amp, bag, and stand. So I got the hankerin' and what-do-you know, I bought it for myself. I want to learn with my daughter.

Thing is, I want mine to be a total surprise to her too. Her birthday is 1/19, so I intend to hide it until then. Between now and then, I am hoping to learn how to play "Happy Birthday" and totally drop her jaw when Dad pulls out a guitar and plays for her. Yes, I know in my head I will look much cooler than I will actually be, but I know her well enough she will love this.

Looks like tons of youtube vids out there to learn from. Wish me luck!

Very cool man.
    "You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating Fruit Loops on your front porch"

Comment

Working...
    X