AR10 barrel options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AR10 barrel options

I have a DPMS LR .308 AP4 that I would like to turn into a long gun. What I'm looking for is an 18in flutted bull barrel. Does anyone have any experience that they can share?????

I have a JP barrel on mine and it's a bushy 308. Pretty much identical to the dpms. Just the physics and make of these cheaper guns makes them hard to tap 1000 just because of the little play in the upper and lower receiver alone.

Anyway, with the JP barrel it shoots much better further out but it will never ever have the accuracy of a bolt long gun. I've shot out to 500 with a 14.5 leuopold and I'm no pro.

If you check out dpms bull barrels, they are actually good. My x wife had a dpms 308 with the bull 24' stock barrell and she did amazing things with it.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wickedblkgt View Post
      I have a DPMS LR .308 AP4 that I would like to turn into a long gun. What I'm looking for is an 18in flutted bull barrel. Does anyone have any experience that they can share?????
      Ummm.....the ap4 is a long gun. I just looked it up on the dpms site.
      I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

I consider the SASS a long gun, not the AP4.

Comment

I run a custom 20" BHW polygonal barrel in my long range gun. They can flute it for your in many different ways.
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Besides velocity, what am I going to gain with a 20in barrel compared to an 18in barrel?

Comment

weight and 50 fps

Comment

Originally posted by S_K View Post
                weight and 50 fps

I wouldn't invest too much into that chart. Different barrels will run different speeds with the same ammo. Twist rate will play a huge factor in what size projectile can be run.
                Originally posted by Jester
                Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
                He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
                Originally posted by Denny
                What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
                FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Originally posted by wickedblkgt View Post
                  What are you planning to use the rifle for?
                  Originally posted by Jester
                  Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
                  He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
                  Originally posted by Denny
                  What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
                  FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
                    I wouldn't invest too much into that chart. Different barrels will run different speeds with the same ammo. Twist rate will play a huge factor in what size projectile can be run.
                    Agreed. A quality barrel makes a much greater impact on accuracy. But on average 50 fps is your gain by going to a 20" barrel. Check out the article behind the chart. The authors did a very good test of .308 barrels in different lengths and various factory ammo.

Comment

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
                      Ummm.....the ap4 is a long gun. I just looked it up on the dpms site.
                      Originally posted by motoman View Post
                      What are you planning to use the rifle for?
                      I would like to build a gun that is accurate out to 7/800yrds?

Comment

What do you guys know about Faxon barrels?

Comment

Longer barrels can stabilize with less twist. Everything is a trade.
                          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

So would you go with a 20in barrel and an 18in hand guard???

Comment

When it comes to barrels most can be decently accurate but the heart is how well it is cut. Wanting accuracy at range is not something most cheap barrels get you.
                              "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Working...
                              X