Speak to me about scopes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speak to me about scopes

I'm currently looking at a Vortex Viper PST 6x24x50 FFP. Are these scopes any good, I know its not a Nightforce but is it worth it??? Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by wickedblkgt View Post
    I'm currently looking at a Vortex Viper PST 6x24x50 FFP. Are these scopes any good, I know its not a Nightforce but is it worth it??? Thanks in advance.
    Do you really need a 24x magnification? I had a 6x12x50 and eye relief sucked. Fo me anyway.
    sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
    🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

I just built DPMS LR .308 with a bunch of go fast goodies and want to take it out past 500yrds, so I think I need some pretty good magnification.
      Last edited by wickedblkgt; 07-12-2016, 05:33 PM.

Comment

That's a good scope.

Comment

I have that exact scope. Yes, they are one of the best scopes for the money. Great features. On a scale of 1-10, 10 being US Optics, 1 being mcdonalds toy binoculars I'd rate it an 8. The glass has some chromatic aberration on the long end, and could be brighter, but overall it's pretty solid.

If you want to shoot it let me know.
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by soap View Post
            Do you really need a 24x magnification? I had a 6x12x50 and eye relief sucked. Fo me anyway.
            High magnification doesn't have forgiving eye relief, it's just the nature of the beast
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Yes it is a good scope. Shoot me a pm before you buy and I can get you a good deal on one.

Comment

Imo the Burris XTR II is better at a similar price
                "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                  High magnification doesn't have forgiving eye relief, it's just the nature of the beast
                  Thanks CJ, I might take you up on that. When I do get my optics, we should all set something up???? What are your thoughts on rings, I was thinking about staying with Vortex?

Comment

Thanks CJ, I might take you up on that. When I do get my optics, we should all set something up???? What are your thoughts on rings, I was thinking about staying with Vortex?
                    I'm sure they're good. I use mine for long range so I'm using a LaRue 20MOA base.

Comment

Originally posted by dee View Post
                      Imo the Burris XTR II is better at a similar price
                      I've never used one. I'm not sure if those were out when I bought my vortex, it was several years ago. For me, I needed an illuminated reticle for use with nightvision. There wasn't many FFP with thst at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                        I've never used one. I'm not sure if those were out when I bought my vortex, it was several years ago. For me, I needed an illuminated reticle for use with nightvision. There wasn't many FFP with thst at the time.
                        Glass was far better to my eyes. Everything was great about it and my only complaint was the turrets seemed a touch stiff. The scr reticle is just about perfect for myself as I'm not a huge fan of tree reticle.
                        "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Working...
                        X