Hard drive recovery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hard drive recovery

I had my hard drive crash and had TxRedneck check it out. His attempts were unsuccessful, this drive was done. My heart sank since this drive had all my daughter's pictures and home movies. I also had my entire case for my custody on this drive and no backup. I was ready to ship it off to a forensic data recovery company since I needed those files badly.

I get a call from TxRedneck asking if I had already shipped that drive. I told him no and he asked for another crack at it. A day later and it would appear that I have all my data recovered and safely on an external drive.

I can't thank him enough for what he's done!

right on.... glad you saved your info
    first class white trash

Comment

Thanks for giving me another shot at it Mike. I was pretty confident the data was still there, I just couldn't restore the partition structure like I had the first time and felt I couldn't get the data either until I found that other utility.

As always, you know how to reach me should you have any questions or concerns.
      Bryan

Comment

After my last crash a few years ago which lost many pictures / music files for me I got an extra hard drive installed in my desktop strictly for backing up those files. Also have a portable hard drive as another backup device that has the capability to easily put those files on my laptop. Just for peace of mind.

Comment

buy it.
          2009 Chevy Tahoe LTZ

2011 GMC Terrain SLT2

2010 Polaris Ranger RZR S Orange Madness

Ban count: 2

Comment

I have an external now but I'm still wary of putting my info out there online. Looks very interesting though.

Comment

Originally posted by slow84lx View Post
              After my last crash a few years ago which lost many pictures / music files for me I got an extra hard drive installed in my desktop strictly for backing up those files. Also have a portable hard drive as another backup device that has the capability to easily put those files on my laptop. Just for peace of mind.
              If you still have that hdd and haven't written anything to it, I can see if I'm able to recover anything from it. That's assuming it's not physically damaged :ie head crash, armature failure... ..

Bryan

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
                If you still have that hdd and haven't written anything to it, I can see if I'm able to recover anything from it. That's assuming it's not physically damaged :ie head crash, armature failure... ..

Bryan
                I really appreciate the offer but it was corrupted completely by a virus. It still functioned but the data was lost. It got reformatted and is the drive functioning as the storage drive in the computer now.

Sometime in the near future I may consider assembling a computer from scratch and may need some input from you at that time.

Comment

Originally posted by slow84lx View Post
                  I really appreciate the offer but it was corrupted completely by a virus. It still functioned but the data was lost. It got reformatted and is the drive functioning as the storage drive in the computer now.

Sometime in the near future I may consider assembling a computer from scratch and may need some input from you at that time.
                  Should you run into a situation like this in the future, look me up before you format the drive. Data isn't gone unless the drive is overwritten multiple times, physically destroyed or a powerful magnet is taken to it.

Mikes drive was 100 inaccessible for anything other than to be formatted by windoze, had 9 partitions listed of varying formats(fat16 to ext3) when it should only have had 2 ntfs partitions, no mbr present... and I was able to recover 97.7 gigs from it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
                    Should you run into a situation like this in the future, look me up before you format the drive. Data isn't gone unless the drive is overwritten multiple times, physically destroyed or a powerful magnet is taken to it.

Mikes drive was 100 inaccessible for anything other than to be formatted by windoze, had 9 partitions listed of varying formats(fat16 to ext3) when it should only have had 2 ntfs partitions, no mbr present... and I was able to recover 97.7 gigs from it.
                    I wish I had known this back then. It was, and still is, beyond my meager skills. A buddy with better skills helped me out but I think that he is behind the times or didn't want to spend any time on it. I has worked out but I lost some pictures of my kids that I can't replace.

Comment

Glad to hear you go your stuff, Good job Tx.....

NOw burn the photos to DVD, burn the video's to bluray, have 2 external drives with your important docs and never trust a HDD a again lol.

hell i have Raid 5 NAS setup and i still get weary of it and its possiblity of failure..
                      I have all the "important DOC's and pictures on 4 different HDD's...

It only took one good time to lose a HDD that had a OTN of old military photos to teach me a lesson....Memories i'll never get back...

Comment

Working...
                      X