Recycle Computer Components for cash?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recycle Computer Components for cash?

I have lots of spare computer parts that aren't worth anything in their current form. I am trying to sell off a lot of just "junk" laying around before we get ready to put the house on the market and move.

I have several Dell GX520/GX620's that have had certain parts removed (front fan, heatsink...etc) but they have defective motherboards or blown capacitors. I have a few old power supplies, older HP machines with Celerons in them. I know as computers they are not worth anything...but they do have some precious metals in them.

Does anyone take computer parts and recycle for say $4.00 / pound? I also have an old home audio Sub (pioneer) that I want to recycle.

Also...best place to recycle aluminum cans? I have 2 garbage sacks full of cans...what is it... 40 cents a pound?

I wish I went to CraigsList before I haul'd all my excess computer stuff to the recycler yard and got nothing for it. I found places like the below on craigslist after the fact while searching for something else -

good luck

Comment

Originally posted by Dave586 View Post
      I wish I went to CraigsList before I haul'd all my excess computer stuff to the recycler yard and got nothing for it. I found places like the below on craigslist after the fact while searching for something else -

good luck
      I'll have to check them out. I've got a bunch of old stuff I really need to get rid of.

Comment

I appreciate the link!

I wonder if they will pay for about 200 feet of chain link fence too...what is that...steel?

Comment

Bringing this back up to the top. Can anyone provide a link to someone that recycles old computer equipment? Of course the link provided to Craiglist is dead but if any can provide a key word to search for would be helpful. Recycle only provided one result.

Comment

Best Buy has a computer parts recycle bin in front of the store in Lewisville. Or they did a couple weeks back.

Comment

This company emailed me a few days ago. We haven't used them, but they recycle.

http://www.cdubinc.com/

Comment

Working...
              X