Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

From the dark abyss of Congressional madness... a tiny ray of light.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw on the news that this is going to make gas go up around .05. E85 will go up around .40 making it more that gas is. Gona be hard to get ride of E85 when it cost more than gas and gives you 30% less in return.

Comment

I think it is awesome to get rid of this subsidy... as I think there should be a lot less (or none at all) gov. subsidies.

However, how would this make gas cheaper? Only thing I can see is that it would make it more expensive. The government requires us to use. The farmers demand a certain price for their goods. Some of this price was through gov. subsidies... now that those are gone.. the farmers are going to still want the same price for their product.
      www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Originally posted by mustangguy289 View Post

However, how would this make gas cheaper? Only thing I can see is that it would make it more expensive. The government requires us to use. The farmers demand a certain price for their goods. Some of this price was through gov. subsidies... now that those are gone.. the farmers are going to still want the same price for their product.
        They can want all they want. By ending the tariff on imported ethanol, they are opening up a source for cheaper ethanol. More or less making a big dent in the demand side, causing farmers to lower prices. It's a pretty simple concept.
        Originally posted by BradM
        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
        Originally posted by Leah
        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Working...
        X