Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/bbcode/url.php on line 2 Why are ATI cards sold out? - DFW Mustangs

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are ATI cards sold out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are ATI cards sold out?

Is there some big shortage or is this normal or ATI? I have been out of the PC hardware world for a while and am considering building a new PC soon and noticed the 6970's are all sold out and the 6990's are MIA although I know I saw some for sale a while back. Whats the deal?

bitcoin mining

Comment

Originally posted by roliath View Post
      bitcoin mining
      Can you give me the dumbed down version? I tried reading the wiki and I got sleepy head about halfway through the first sentance. Like I said, its been a while since I have been messing with computer hardware.

Comment

It's able to process the code to mine bitcoins more efficiently and in greater volume by a magnitude of 3-6x's of that which an nVidia card can by way of microarchitecture.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
          It's able to process the code to mine bitcoins more efficiently and in greater volume by a magnitude of 3-6x's of that which an nVidia card can by way of microarchitecture.
          not to mention with using less power too, to the op you'll be lucky to find those cards and if you do be quick with the purchase as fellow bitcoin miners will more than likely scoop them up.

Comment

I also blame Battlefield 3. With the newest video, I ordered on newegg. 2 6850's and my brothers will follow suit.
            First hand witness at the failure of public healthcare.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Fiux View Post
              I also blame Battlefield 3. With the newest video, I ordered on newegg. 2 6850's and my brothers will follow suit.
              I already have one 6950 and will be purchasing another here pretty soon.
              Your passage to Enlightenment will come from the end of my barrel.

BF3 Stats

The Texan Gamer
              The Texan Gamer Facebook

Comment

i'm trying to get my hands on a 6990 so I can trifire it with my 6970's.
                6160x1600 takes alot of power to run.

Comment

Originally posted by roliath View Post
                  i'm trying to get my hands on a 6990 so I can trifire it with my 6970's.
                  6160x1600 takes alot of power to run.
                  Same setup I was originally thinking.

Comment

I just went to frys and they had 5+ on the shelf.
                    2009 Chevy Tahoe LTZ

2011 GMC Terrain SLT2

2010 Polaris Ranger RZR S Orange Madness

Ban count: 2

Comment

wtf....

I thought bitcoins were an online anonymous currency....how does a video card come into this?

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
                        wtf....

I thought bitcoins were an online anonymous currency....how does a video card come into this?
                        I tried to break it down to someone yesterday. It went like this: BitCoin is a digital Internet currency. Think of it as an counterfeit-proof electronic dollar which is not manipulated by a central…

Comment

Originally posted by hunt4m3x View Post
                          I just went to frys and they had 5+ on the shelf.
                          6990's @ plano parkway? did you happen to see the price, I don't see any on their site.

Comment

Seems like it's getting more popular. What exactly can you buy with Bitcoins now?
                            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Where Have All the 6970s Gone? It is awfully hard to deny the value proposition of the AMD HD 6970 graphics card.  The card overall matches (and

Update: Talk about uncanny timing. We published this article this afternoon, and about 3 hours later stock suddenly appeared back on Newegg and other sites. We have been watching stock for the past few weeks, and talked to the manufacturers, and there was nothing. Keep watch and see how long this lasts!

Comment

Working...
                              X