No announcement yet.

NETWORK GURU's PLEASE ENTER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ANy ideas?, from anyone? I'm about to take this really nice switch to the range and run some 5.56 through it... only got 10k rounds to burn......

Comment

Can you post the configs and such again? Out of curiosity, if you disconnect the laptop that is working, and plug in a laptop that is not working to the same port - does it start working?

This is a fairly basic setup and should be working w/o issues.

Anyway, if the laptops don't work on a known good port - I'd consider trying to figure out what is screwy with the laptops.
      Originally posted by MR EDD
      U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

check PM's

Keep in mind i still have XBOX issue also...

Comment

FUCK i hate jumbo frames....

apparent;ly my switch claims to support jumbo frames, but there seems to be a message out that my switch has issues with jumbo frames... anyways... things are working perfect now,

thanks to those who helped out.

Comment

No, you love jumbo frames, you hate bugs that make devices not work well with them.

Lol, either way...gj getting that going. You had some configuration issues anyway, so hopefully everything is just going to work optimally.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
              No, you love jumbo frames, you hate bugs that make devices not work well with them.

Lol, either way...gj getting that going. You had some configuration issues anyway, so hopefully everything is just going to work optimally.
              Everything seems to work well,
              yes Jumbo frames aren't bad, but apparently this Cisco switch has issues with them.

one thing i have noticed is one computer when by itself will transfer files at 70-80MB/s, but say i have it running and my other laptop jumps in, and i do a file transfer , the weaker laptop (i5 vs i7) also submisses to the bigger laptop on transfer speed. the big one will run at 90MB/s sustained and the smaller one will slwo down to 30-35MB/s .. i haven't figured out this issue, but i'm sure its something petty....

Oh and i'm not really certain that LAG is working for me the way i thought. so far the maximum throughput out of the NAS is about 123MB/s Sustained.....
              Defintely MOVING but i was hoping for a bit more (bragging rights) lol. i could be limited on the HDD's themselves...

Comment

Oh and thanks for your help ceyko, i think i raise my IQ by about .01%
                If you ever need any media let me know.

Comment

No problem man. out of curiosity, can you look at port statistics on the NAS to see if it is sending data out both ports fairly evenly? They won't necessarily do packet for packet load balancing, it is based of src mac, src..ip...etc so it does not necessarily mean it is will be 100% even but you should see decent usage on both ports.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
                    No problem man. out of curiosity, can you look at port statistics on the NAS to see if it is sending data out both ports fairly evenly? They won't necessarily do packet for packet load balancing, it is based of src mac, src..ip...etc so it does not necessarily mean it is will be 100% even but you should see decent usage on both ports.
                    I wish i could, but unfortunatley once you BOND the ports it only charts the pair as one connection.

Speed MAY have picked up a little. but its hard to say since one laptop is always submissive to the other...

Oh and i still have an issue with Xbox's being able to connect to me, but its minor flaw that i'll tinker with later on.

I do have intels NAS testing program and its strange how the results are different... not by much on a few bench marks, but when it comes to reading from the NAS to the computer, my i7 rig is over twice as fast on the bench mark compared to the i5 laptop..

both laptops support Sata III but i'm only using INtelX25-m's in both machine... i would have thought the results would be nearly even..

Comment

Working...
                    X