EA is blocking Forza 4 from having Porsche

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EA is blocking Forza 4 from having Porsche

If i were Turn 10, i would raise the rates on including Ferrari's in any EA franchise 1000% .

Porsche loves to claim it's the winningest carmaker in history. But that's a lie. Most people now race in video games. And now, thanks to Porsche's absence from Forza 4, most video gamers won't be racing Porsches to victory. It also confirms what we've long known: Porsche doesn't care about video game people.

The real culprit in this Forza 4 debacle isn't EA, despite holding a contractual agreement with Porsche requiring other companies to sub-license the cars from them. Although that's who everyone's blaming, they're simply acting like a business with an inferior product who has a strategic advantage over the two makers — Microsoft's Turn 10 Studios and Sony's Polyphony Digital — of superior ones.

No, Porsche is to blame.
    Ultimately, Porsche owns the rights to the digital versions of their cars and have always taken the absolutely dumbest position with how they're portrayed. This is why players of Gran Turismo games race RUF vehicles instead of Porches and why Forza 4 players will now be forced to do the same.
    Last edited by roliath; 08-26-2011, 05:04 PM.

Comment

Well, thats an unexpected twist.

Well, i guess instead of racing porsches, we can race Halo Warthogs, lol:

Comment

Forza4 will still demolish Grand Turismo.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
          Forza4 will still demolish Grand Turismo.
          GT5 was a bit of a let down. They should port Forza over to PS3 to make Polyphony step their game up.
          How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Originally posted by The Geofster View Post
            GT5 was a bit of a let down. They should port Forza over to PS3 to make Polyphony step their game up.
            I remember reading a review somewhere and the reviewer put Forza3 against GT5 and declared Forza3 the victor. That was pretty funny.
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
              I remember reading a review somewhere and the reviewer put Forza3 against GT5 and declared Forza3 the victor. That was pretty funny.
              I'm a hardcore GT guy, and I'll be the first to say that Forza 3 on your Xbox blew GT5 on my PS3 out of the water. That game was disappointment city, especially after the high notes the previous GT games had hit for their times.
              ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by 32vfromhell View Post
                Well, thats an unexpected twist.

Well, i guess instead of racing porsches, we can race Halo Warthogs, lol:

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/pos...-never-before/

From the same story you posted

"The one downer: You won't be able to drive the Warthog in Forza. The gun-turrets might be a little unfair to the other cars, after all"

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
                  I'm a hardcore GT guy, and I'll be the first to say that Forza 3 on your Xbox blew GT5 on my PS3 out of the water. That game was disappointment city, especially after the high notes the previous GT games had hit for their times.
                  And they worked on that game for what? 6 years? Absolutely laughable.

Comment

Im ready for this game to come out

Comment

Working...
                    X