Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dave View Post
    ok
    dont worry it's only okay if i say it's okay.
    www.hppmotorsports.com
    ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

I am absolutley for this. There was a study that showed talking on the cell phone with it up to you ear was worse then DWI on reaction times while driving. Not to mention loss of peripheral vision. I could care less if the city made a dime on this ticket as long as it cuts down the use. Oh and don't get me started on texting and driving. I see people all the time swerving all over the road or driving 15 under the speed limit to text. I would love it if they came up with a device in cars that killed cell phone signals while the car was moving, or they could just add this feature to the phones.

Remember last year or so when the lady in the Cliff drug that school kid like two blocks in a school zone with people chasing her down the street. Talking on her phone and had no clue.
      Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
        I am absolutley for this. There was a study that showed talking on the cell phone with it up to you ear was worse then DWI on reaction times while driving. Not to mention loss of peripheral vision. I could care less if the city made a dime on this ticket as long as it cuts down the use. Oh and don't get me started on texting and driving. I see people all the time swerving all over the road or driving 15 under the speed limit to text. I would love it if they came up with a device in cars that killed cell phone signals while the car was moving, or they could just add this feature to the phones.

Remember last year or so when the lady in the Cliff drug that school kid like two blocks in a school zone with people chasing her down the street. Talking on her phone and had no clue.

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
        I just want to know when we are going to outlaw stupidity. That's the real crime here.
        Originally posted by BradM
        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
        Originally posted by Leah
        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Oh and hands free I am not as concerned about. Just text and having to jack with the phone to use it. Even though the radio argument does not really hold water. You do not have to think and reply to listen to the radio.
          Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Yes Coop I understand fully but some people never learn. I knew it would take a few deaths but eventually this would happen.
            Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Yes Coop I understand fully but some people never learn. I knew it would take a few deaths but eventually this would happen.
              You can't legislate common sense. It never works and it's a slippery slope.
              Originally posted by BradM
              But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
              Originally posted by Leah
              In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

if you could about 90% of congress would be in jail.
                www.hppmotorsports.com
                ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

It will get worse, and people will still say it was stupidity, not the phone, and they're better drivers than that.

The worst part is, when I was almost hit the other day, I flipped up my visor and told the bitch to "hang up and drive", and she actually yelled something back at me......with her phone still to her ear. Fucking dumbass people.

Comment

I agree, but it is how we ended up with a great number of laws. Somebody, somewhere, fucked it up for everyone else.

Eh, I just hate distracted drivers, but to tell you the truth, I hate any form of prohibition more.

I've been saying for years..........
                    We should require everyone to ride a motorcycle in this town for 1 month. If they lived through it, they would be better drivers because of it.

Comment

first of all, no fucking way anything like this passes on a national level...

but if they do, they're going to have to ban car stereos, navigation units, driver is going to have to be in sealed cockpit away from other passengers so that they can't converse with each other, babies have to ride in the trunk, etc... police officers won't be allowed radios, phones, or laptops...

fucking ridiculous
                      http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Just another bullshit attempt by the government to fill their pockets. And why not, stealing from drivers is already a multi-billion dollar yearly business in this country and we won't do anything about it.
                        Originally posted by racrguy
                        What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                        Originally posted by racrguy
                        Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                          first of all, no fucking way anything like this passes on a national level...

but if they do, they're going to have to ban car stereos, navigation units, driver is going to have to be in sealed cockpit away from other passengers so that they can't converse with each other, babies have to ride in the trunk, etc... police officers won't be allowed radios, phones, or laptops...

fucking ridiculous

It won't apply to the police dude. They're above the law, thought you knew?
                          www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

I'm all for it, as long as they ban radios, laptops and computer systems, navigation systems, radar/ladar guns, etc etc in cop cars, since all of that shit is a much larger distraction than a single cell phone.

Stevo
                            Originally posted by SSMAN
                            ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                              Just another bullshit attempt by the government to fill their pockets. And why not, stealing from drivers is already a multi-billion dollar yearly business in this country and we won't do anything about it.
                              Uh, they wouldn't be stealing from me, seeing as I don't talk and drive, but I get your angle.

Originally posted by stevo View Post
                              I'm all for it, as long as they ban radios, laptops and computer systems, navigation systems, radar/ladar guns, etc etc in cop cars, since all of that shit is a much larger distraction than a single cell phone.

Stevo
                              This is the most solid argument. The individuals in charge of enforcing the law would be the biggest violators. Though they may be more qualified drivers than the average Joe, it's still hypocritical.

Comment

Land of the free? Whoever told you that is your enemy. Congrats. You give up more freedoms to make you feel all warm and fuzzy. That's how we got the Patriot Act, the National Defense Authorization Act, etc.

I just want to know when we are going to outlaw stupidity. That's the real crime here.
                                I agree, little by little they're take our Liberties and have been for a while. It's like the frog in boiling water analogy. Little by little we allow it while they sell it as a "safety" for the people, next thing you know all our liberties are gone.
                                2 Chronicles 7:14
                                If My people, which are called by My name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Comment

Working...
                                X