National cell phone ban

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dave View Post
    I agree, but it is how we ended up with a great number of laws. Somebody, somewhere, fucked it up for everyone else.

Eh, I just hate distracted drivers, but to tell you the truth, I hate any form of prohibition more.

I've been saying for years..........
    We should require everyone to ride a motorcycle in this town for 1 month. If they lived through it, they would be better drivers because of it.
    Legislation for the idiots. That type of shit has already cost us so much it's retarded. Why do we need to keep the idiots alive? The closest thing I can think of that they contribute is a workforce for the rest of us, but it's debatable if they're actually worth the money they're paid.

I laugh at the portion in bold. In case you missed it, you're for this tidbit of prohibition.

The last part makes far more sense than this ban.

I hate stupid drivers on their cell phones. I was almost run off the road this morning by a dumbass on his cell phone. However, I would rather be allowed to get that phone call from a family member or friend who is in trouble and needs my help than limit stupid people from acting stupidly.

Comment

In before the law!

Posted from mobile phone in my mobile vehicle!
      www.hppmotorsports.com
      ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

This is the most solid argument. The individuals in charge of enforcing the law would be the biggest violators. Though they may be more qualified drivers than the average Joe, it's still hypocritical.

How so? How are they 'more qualified' than any other driver? Because they took a class on how to perform a pit maneuver? I've logged close to a million miles in my years of driving and there are numerous others around here with more than that. Hell, look at the Miami cop from yesterday that drove his cruiser UP the telephone pole, no doubt while on his cell phone.

Your statement is silly, to say the least.
        www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

Do speed limits stop people from speeding?

Does prohibition on driving while impaired stop drunken driving?

Does even the presence of plainly visible cameras to enforce adherence to traffic control devices stop people from running red lights?

Edit: sig check.
          Men have become the tools of their tools.
          -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

I'm completely against big government except for this one instance and I am all for it. Who the fuck says that? What sane person? Multiply that bullshit by 300 million and you have this fucking police state we live in.
            Originally posted by racrguy
            What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
            Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

It really sucks when you start hating the country you were brought up to be so proud of.

Comment

Originally posted by Muffrazr View Post
                I laugh at the portion in bold. In case you missed it, you're for this tidbit of prohibition.
                I was simply relinquishing my wish for this legislation. Even I see the flaws in my thinking in the first post, but I wanted some other intelligent people's views. Hence the "discuss".

I'm for the ban simply because it would eliminate a "freedom" that I don't participate in anyway. It's like the smoking ban all over again, yet that p.o.s. legislation gets passed.

I'm not for limiting freedoms, so in the end I would vote it down. I just wanted to invoke some debate, and I love seeing people get their panties in a wad over losing the right to post on facebook or send texts while driving. It's just ridiculous to me.

Originally posted by mikec View Post
                How so? How are they 'more qualified' than any other driver? Because they took a class on how to perform a pit maneuver? I've logged close to a million miles in my years of driving and there are numerous others around here with more than that. Hell, look at the Miami cop from yesterday that drove his cruiser UP the telephone pole, no doubt while on his cell phone.

Your statement is silly, to say the least.
                They are more qualified on paper than anyone behind the wheel. They can legally speed, you know. Now with that said, I think a truck driver who has driven millions of miles behind the wheel of some serious weight is more qualified. My statement was simply for argument of the enforcement of a hypocritical law.

Comment

I was simply relinquishing my wish for this legislation. Even I see the flaws in my thinking in the first post, but I wanted some other intelligent people's views. Hence the "discuss".

I'm for the ban simply because it would eliminate a "freedom" that I don't participate in anyway. It's like the smoking ban all over again, yet that p.o.s. legislation gets passed.

I'm not for limiting freedoms, so in the end I would vote it down...
                  More accurately you are starting to realize how silly your post sounded.

At the end of the day you can't give up any more freedoms at the national level, especially when it is something this damned insignificant, something that should be handled on a city gov't level. We do not need daddy to tell us what we can and cannot do. Why people don't wake their asses up and realize this is beyond me...

They are more qualified on paper than anyone behind the wheel. They can legally speed, you know. Now with that said, I think a truck driver who has driven millions of miles behind the wheel of some serious weight is more qualified. My statement was simply for argument of the enforcement of a hypocritical law.
                  Links? You won't find any, because that whole post is your opinion. Again, you can't make a blanket statement that says 'the police are better drivers than anyone else' when there are too many variables to screw your little theory in the ass.
                  www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                    I'm completely against big government except for this one instance and I am all for it. Who the fuck says that? What sane person? Multiply that bullshit by 300 million and you have this fucking police state we live in.
                    Someone trying to draw attention to a problem, and gauging other individuals view of said problem.

Originally posted by BERNIE MOSFET View Post
                    Do speed limits stop people from speeding?

Does prohibition on driving while impaired stop drunken driving?

Does even the presence of plainly visible cameras to enforce adherence to traffic control devices stop people from running red lights?

Edit: sig check.
                    Not stop altogether, but it's a deterrence.

Comment

I'm not for limiting freedoms, so in the end I would vote it down. I just wanted to invoke some debate, and I love seeing people get their panties in a wad over losing the right to post on facebook or send texts while driving. It's just ridiculous to me.

Participating in any freedom is participating in all freedom. That's what liberty is. The moment you begin to pick and choose which freedoms you'll tolerate giving up because you don't use it is the moment someone else has free reign to usurp your own rights.
                      Men have become the tools of their tools.
                      -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Someone trying to draw attention to a problem, and gauging other individuals view of said problem.
                        Also known as trolling.
                        What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?

Comment

There is already legislation on the books within certain cities to ban texting. This covers facebook surfing. There is already legislation that bans cell phone use of any kind in school zones.

There is absolutely zero need for this to be a national law. If it is an issue within your city, then pursue it for YOUR city. It is a very rare one in mine. This type of legislation only keeps honest people honest while hindering their freedoms. It does nothing for the dipshits and "evildo-ers".

Leave me the fuck alone, Gov't. I don't need you to hold my hand. I can take care of myself and my family just fine. I promise to teach my children the same theories on life that I was taught with the little details about it that I picked up to elaborate for further learning.

FWIW, I rarely, very rarely, talk on the cell phone while driving. I only check out texts when stopped. If I happen to be driving without hitting any red lights, then I hand the phone to my wife to handle it.

Comment

Just another way for cities to make more cash.
                            Full time ninja editor.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                              Also known as trolling.
                              trolololol lololololol lolololol!!!!111!!

I started the thread, you entered. Now I'm the troll? ok.

Sorry I made you think, does it hurt?
                              Last edited by Baba Ganoush; 12-14-2011, 05:14 PM.

Comment

trolololol lololololol lolololol!!!!111!!

I started the thread, you entered. Now I'm the troll? ok.

Sorry I made you think, does it hurt?
                                Not near as much as reading your crybaby shit about evil people on cell phones.

Comment

Working...
                                X