Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
    And there's programs in the Sync system that does voice text
    Just to clarify...mainly because previously I saw someone mention car manufacturers had to make it safer...

Most modern phones (not just iPhones) have hands free dialing, speech to text and speech recognition for navigation and such. It can be mildly frustrating on occasion, but once you learn how to talk to your phone it works like a champ.
    Originally posted by MR EDD
    U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

• Originally posted by sig239 View Post
      I dont use my phone while driving so I dont give a fuck. But I spend all day dodging fuck wads like you who do.
      Exactly. Ask any one of them and they'll say they are good drivers. They have no clue nor do they want one.

Comment

• Originally posted by sig239 View Post
        So is this news to you? Last I knew driving was not a right.
        So you're defending the fact the government believes you are incapable of making your own decisions? Exactly the typical ignorant shit I would expect.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
          So you're defending the fact the government believes you are incapable of making your own decisions? Exactly the typical ignorant shit I would expect.
          Should driving while intoxicated be allowed? I mean it is your right to get drunk, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
            Should driving while intoxicated be allowed? I mean it is your right to get drunk, right?
            Alcohol impairs your ability to judge right from wrong, using a cell phone doesn't. We've been through this discussion in the previous thread if you want me to link you.
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Alcohol impairs your ability to judge right from wrong, using a cell phone doesn't. We've been through this discussion in the previous thread if you want me to link you.
              We have not been through these particulars. Using a cell phone does not impair judgement?

Comment

We have not been through these particulars. Using a cell phone does not impair judgement?

I would think it impairs reaction times, or attention to the task at hand, but not necessarily judgement. By this, how many times have you been at a bar, and after a few thought that scag down the bar was hot? Same judgement would not be reached if you were on a phone...
                www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

No, it doesn't. I can tell right from wrong when I'm on a cell phone. And yes, someone brought up the exact point you did verbatim in the previous thread and it was discussed at length.

Comment

No, it doesn't. I can tell right from wrong when I'm on a cell phone.
                    So when you hold up traffic at a light, or weave in and out of traffic trying to maintain your lane whilst on your phone, or almost hit the person in front of you, or the many other dumbfuck things I have witnessed by those on their phone while driving, your judgement isn't impaired. Ah yes, that never happens to you. Only to the others who would swear the same allegiance as you.
                    What about the number one cause of all traffic related wrecks being distracted driving? I take it that has nothing to do with cell phone usage?

Comment

What about the number one cause of all traffic related wrecks being distracted driving? I take it that has nothing to do with cell phone usage?
                      Distracted driving does not only mean cell phone usage. That could mean putting on makeup, looking at Nav, a map, rubbernecking, shavin, a dropped item, radio, eating, taking a drink, etc.

Are you proposing we get rid of radios, food and beverage consumption in the car, etc.

Just because something annoys you doesn't mean it needs to be illegal. We'd lose well over half the membership of this site if that were the case.
                      Originally posted by BradM
                      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                      Originally posted by Leah
                      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

So when you hold up traffic at a light, or weave in and out of traffic trying to maintain your lane whilst on your phone, or almost hit the person in front of you, or the many other dumbfuck things I have witnessed by those on their phone while driving, your judgement isn't impaired. Ah yes, that never happens to you. Only to the others who would swear the same allegiance as you.
                        In 1990 there were 11.5 million car accidents reported. No appreciable mobile phone usage. Higher per capita incident rate.

In 2009 there were 10.8 million car accidents reported. Mobile phone usage prevalent. Lower per capita incident rate.

Statistics do not appear to support that mobile phone usage causes more accidents.

Further, according to table 4 of this document: http://www-nrd.nhtsa.dot.gov/Pubs/811379.pdf, incidents of distracted driving reported as contributory factor have gone down from 6.159 million to 5.505 million from 2005 to 2009.
                        Last edited by BERNIE MOSFET; 12-16-2011, 11:48 AM.
                        Men have become the tools of their tools.
                        -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Some people can't drive even with no phone involved. I ran OVER the TOP of an altima a few weeks ago when a young girl turned into my jeep without stopping on a red. The point is when you see dumb fuck things happen you have nothing to blame. If they have a cell phone you will blame it on that. It's only natural. The truth is no one can drive properly when drunk. But, there are people who can talk and chew bubble gum. I haven't had an at fault accident in my entire life, and my job requires me to talk when driving.

Comment

• Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                            Distracted driving does not only mean cell phone usage. That could mean putting on makeup, looking at Nav, a map, rubbernecking, shavin, a dropped item, radio, eating, taking a drink, etc.

Are you proposing we get rid of radios, food and beverage consumption in the car, etc.

Just because something annoys you doesn't mean it needs to be illegal. We'd lose well over half the membership of this site if that were the case.
                            I agree on most of those things, however based on my own research while riding past every single moron who has created a hazard for myself and/or others they've been paying attention to a cell phone. Everything you listed, except of the GPS is not interactive. While it may cause a distraction, nothing is more obvious of a distraction than trying to type out a conversation.
                            Originally posted by BERNIE MOSFET View Post
                            In 1990 there were 11.5 million car accidents reported. No appreciable mobile phone usage. Higher per capita incident rate.

In 2009 there were 10.8 million car accidents reported. Mobile phone usage prevalent. Lower per capita incident rate.

Statistics do not appear to support that mobile phone usage causes more accidents.

http://www.census.gov/compendia/stat...es/12s1103.pdf
                            Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                            And that would have everything to do with how courteous and skilled drivers are becoming instead of safety regulations placed on vehicles these days?
                            Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                            Some people can't drive even with no phone involved. I ran OVER the TOP of an altima a few weeks ago when a young girl turned into my jeep without stopping on a red. The point is when you see dumb fuck things happen you have nothing to blame. If they have a cell phone you will blame it on that. It's only natural. The truth is no one can drive properly when drunk. But, there are people who can talk and chew bubble gum. I haven't had an at fault accident in my entire life, and my job requires me to talk when driving.
                            Talking while driving doesn't bother me as much as texting. As long as you aren't digging for shit while talking on a cell phone driving in thinking that is far more important then it's really no concern, however because texting is directly related to cell phone usage I am all for a ban.

Comment

And that would have everything to do with how courteous and skilled drivers are becoming instead of safety regulations placed on vehicles these days?
                              Not talking about fatalities. Talking TOTAL number of collisions.
                              -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

• Originally posted by SS Junk
                                As am I.
                                How do safety regulations stop collisions from happening?

And your quote was in response to this:

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
                                Meanwhile, traffic fatalities fall to their lowest levels since 1949.

http://wheels.blogs.nytimes.com/2011...el-since-1949/
                                -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Working...
                                X