Repubs put a stop to light bulb bullsh#t

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
    I have some that have lasted almost that long.

But others fail within 90 days. And I'm not talking about one or three or whatever. I have had at least ten of them fail out of roughly twenty outlets that I use them on. Interestingly, I have never had one in one of those floodlight style lights fail.
    Well that sucks. Even 100 year old incandescent technology lasts longer than 90 days.
    Men have become the tools of their tools.
    -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
      The LED bulbs I saw a year ago were a joke, they produced shit light, were expensive as holy hell, and their failure rates were ridiculous.

What I want to see is LED projectors.
      Can't argue and I think that is still the case. Generally speaking you won't be lighting your back yards or maybe even kitchen with them.

I just think they CAN fit the bill and I'd rather just skip to the method that is going to work long term.
      Originally posted by MR EDD
      U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by Treasure Chest View Post
        Good. I'm still pissy about the whole low flow toilet thing.

....oh nevermind.

Comment

I bought a pack of 50 from Sam's about 4 years ago. I changed out every bulb in my house, even the lamps and ceiling fans. They are all 13 watt (60 watt equal) except three in a kitchen fixture. To date I have replaced only two bulbs. I don't know if they save much on the electric bill, but I was replacing two or three bulbs a week with the old style. I like them, but I don't want anyone telling me what kind of bulb I have to use. I have enough sense to figure that out myself. God, I must be a real radical to think like that.

Comment

Originally posted by FastFox View Post
            I bought a pack of 50 from Sam's about 4 years ago. I changed out every bulb in my house, even the lamps and ceiling fans. They are all 13 watt (60 watt equal) except three in a kitchen fixture. To date I have replaced only two bulbs. I don't know if they save much on the electric bill, but I was replacing two or three bulbs a week with the old style. I like them, but I don't want anyone telling me what kind of bulb I have to use. I have enough sense to figure that out myself. God, I must be a real radical to think like that.
            I assume you're talking about CFL's. I replaced just about all my bulbs in my house and I could never even see a difference in any of my bills. However, I have noticed in cold environments they suck, sometimes they don't even light anymore. And the colder it gets, the dimmer they are.
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Really think these CFLs actually help the environment/save electricity? LOL

Get your pea brains thinking about it and come back with an answer.
              Full time ninja editor.

Comment

Originally posted by majorownage View Post
                Really think these CFLs actually help the environment/save electricity? LOL

Get your pea brains thinking about it and come back with an answer.
                No, I'm pretty sure everyone in here thinks they are a farce.
                "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

They are just a money maker for some elected politician(s) and his buddy that has an interest in the company...
                  www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

I assume you're talking about CFL's. I replaced just about all my bulbs in my house and I could never even see a difference in any of my bills. However, I have noticed in cold environments they suck, sometimes they don't even light anymore. And the colder it gets, the dimmer they are.
                    And they take 1-2mins to light up the room.

Comment

No, I'm pretty sure everyone in here thinks they are a farce.
                      The provision in the bill that bans the sale of incandescent light bulbs was included because of lobbying from GE.
                      Full time ninja editor.

Comment

The provision in the bill that bans the sale of incandescent light bulbs was included because of lobbying from GE.
                        That's so weird....

Comment

Another person here saying the CFLs suck. I've got some in can lights and during the winter some cold attic air leaks through there. This causes the CFLs to be dim and take some time to warm up.

I've got some LED lights I got from ebay. They've all lasted a few years so far, but the light they put off is sort of "cold" and they don't work with my dimmers. It's all or nothing.
                          US Politics in three words - Divide and Conquer

Comment

Any light bulb that requires you to leave your house and have a Hazard team come in for clean up is crap.

Originally posted by EPA
                            Before Cleanup

Have people and pets leave the room.
                            Air out the room for 5-10 minutes by opening a window or door to the outdoor environment.
                            Shut off the central forced air heating/air-conditioning system, if you have one.
                            Collect materials needed to clean up broken bulb:
                            stiff paper or cardboard;
                            sticky tape;
                            damp paper towels or disposable wet wipes (for hard surfaces); and
                            a glass jar with a metal lid or a sealable plastic bag.

During Cleanup

DO NOT VACUUM. Vacuuming is not recommended unless broken glass remains after all other cleanup steps have been taken. Vacuuming could spread mercury-containing powder or mercury vapor.
                            Be thorough in collecting broken glass and visible powder.
                            Place cleanup materials in a sealable container.

After Cleanup

Promptly place all bulb debris and cleanup materials outdoors in a trash container or protected area until materials can be disposed of properly. Avoid leaving any bulb fragments or cleanup materials indoors.
                            If practical, continue to air out the room where the bulb was broken and leave the heating/air conditioning system shut off for several hours.
                            "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

That's so weird....
                              Should be, because Limbaugh probably told you it was the Enivornmentilist-wackos; not a cooperation.
                              Full time ninja editor.

Comment

Should be, because Limbaugh probably told you it was the Enivornmentilist-wackos; not a cooperation.
                                You know, I didn't even say anything to you, and what I was saying was complimenting your statement. I can only guess your butt hurtness caused this reply. If you shared some halfway intelligent information I'd have respect for you. Maybe you should spend more time showing us you know what you're talking about, then trolling the board. There are several threads/pms in my inbox as do the other mods requesting you to be banned citing the trolls and lack of any real participation in conversations and this is the perfect example. And I'm the primary one that's opposed you getting banned. So why don't you put away the shit talking and participate in some conversations.
                                Last edited by CJ; 12-19-2011, 03:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X