Getting tired of Ron Paul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
    Iran isn't a threat? Do you want a nuclear Iran?
    Bomb those motherfuckers!
    www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

Being a good POTUS requires a balance to some degree. Priorities will change if/when an Irani carries a suit-cased size nuke into LA/NY/Houston, etc. and sets it off. Iran must NOT have nukes.

I had forgotten about RP's old newsletter from the late '80's early '90's. Some pretty crazy shit written in that rag. When it comes out (and it's starting to) he will be slaughtered. You think he's a whiner now, just wait.

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
        Being a good POTUS requires a balance to some degree. Priorities will change if/when an Irani carries a suit-cased size nuke into LA/NY/Houston, etc. and sets it off. Iran must NOT have nukes.

I had forgotten about RP's old newsletter from the late '80's early '90's. Some pretty crazy shit written in that rag. When it comes out (and it's starting to) he will be slaughtered. You think he's a whiner now, just wait.
        Brand new to me. More insight or a link please?
        www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

Originally posted by mikec View Post
          Brand new to me. More insight or a link please?
          RP had a newsletter back about 20 years ago, that promoted libertarian views and such. Several articles were written by contributors, and some were just plain racist. RP swears he had no idea what was being put into HIS newsletter. It's just now starting to come out, so we'll see if it has legs or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post

Paul is great on national issues. Our foreign policy would be even more fucked than Obama running it though. I love the 'send American kids off to die for wars for Israel." Idiot.
            Its the politicians I have a problem with regarding war. They treat the brave soldiers life as it were a paper towel. Congress has grown to a point where it has become so distant from normal people it is not even funny. They should make $40,000 and do they job because they love it, not because of the money and power. To quote Norman Schwarzkopf A professional soldier understands that war means killing people, war means maiming people, war means families left without fathers and mothers. All you have to do is hold your first dying soldier in your arms, and have that terribly futile feeling that his life is flowing out and you can't do anything about it. Then you understand the horror of war. Any soldier worth his salt should be antiwar. And still, there are things worth fighting for.

Wait I thought Ron Paul knew nothing about the news letters that were under his name. It was a ghost writer. That sounds similar to Jeremiah Wright and Bill Ayers, I have no idea who they are..oh wait now I remember after the election. Ron is more left wing on national defense and foreign policy than Obama.

Comment

Ron Paul does not preach isolationism. He just wants to stop meddling with other countries and their problems. People take what the media says and runs with it and that's the reason he will not win the nomination...ignorance.

Comment

Originally posted by no4njnk View Post
                Its the politicians I have a problem with regarding war. They treat the brave soldiers life as it were a paper towel. Congress has grown to a point where it has become so distant from normal people it is not even funny. They should make $40,000 and do they job because they love it, not because of the money and power. To quote Norman Schwarzkopf A professional soldier understands that war means killing people, war means maiming people, war means families left without fathers and mothers. All you have to do is hold your first dying soldier in your arms, and have that terribly futile feeling that his life is flowing out and you can't do anything about it. Then you understand the horror of war. Any soldier worth his salt should be antiwar. And still, there are things worth fighting for.

Wait I thought Ron Paul knew nothing about the news letters that were under his name. It was a ghost writer. That sounds similar to Jeremiah Wright and Bill Ayers, I have no idea who they are..oh wait now I remember after the election. Ron is more left wing on national defense and foreign policy than Obama.
                Some of his supporter's (The Daily Paul) are wanting RP to disclose this "ghost writer's" name to clear the air.

Comment

Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
                  Ron Paul does not preach isolationism. He just wants to stop meddling with other countries and their problems. People take what the media says and runs with it and that's the reason he will not win the nomination...ignorance.
                  RP's ignorance or the public's?

Comment

He's not far off base in saying that we are wasting billions a year where we shouldn't...
                    That's what I agree with. I don't think we need to cut of all foreign aid, but we damn sure need to cut off the aid to those that want us dead.
                    Originally posted by BradM
                    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                    Originally posted by Leah
                    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
                      This is exaclty it... plain and simple.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                        That's what I agree with. I don't think we need to cut of all foreign aid, but we damn sure need to cut off the aid to those that want us dead.
                        Totally agree. There's also aid going to countries that DON'T want us dead that need protection from communist countries/dictator's that would just walk right in and take them over.

Comment

RP's ignorance or the public's?

The public's ignorance. I.e. the droolcups that voted obsama into office.

RP had a newsletter back about 20 years ago, that promoted libertarian views and such. Several articles were written by contributors, and some were just plain racist. RP swears he had no idea what was being put into HIS newsletter. It's just now starting to come out, so we'll see if it has legs or not.

He's racist too???

Fucking In!!!

Lol, just joking. I don't care for racism a bit, as it really has no place in modern society
                          www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

The public's ignorance. I.e. the droolcups that voted obsama into office.

He's racist too???

Fucking In!!!

Lol, just joking. I don't care for racism a bit, as it really has no place in modern society
                            I'm not sure they're saying he's racist (and I don't think he is at all), but that there were racist/radical articles in his newsletter and that he allowed them or supported them. Knowing what little I do about RP, he believes in free speech and probably thought nothing of it. People are too damn sensitive.

Comment

Right now, fiscal policy > foreign policy.

Comment

Right, who would vote from someone who served in the military, predicted things like the housing bubble, has been screaming about the federal reserve for 30-years, warned everyone about the Patriot act, warned about the WMD shenanigans in Iraq, wants to follow our Constitution, and receives more money from active duty military that all other candidates combined. He also is one of the very few who praised Israel in 1981 for bombing the nuclear facility in Iraq and wants to let Israel do as they see fit in the area to protect themselves.

I understand it takes some getting used to and requires a fairly long thought proccess to accept, but I believe he has come to the correct conclusion in regards to our foreign policy. Wars need to be the last resort after all other resources have been exhausted, declared by Congress, you go in full force with clear ojectives, and then you get them over with. Anything else just leads to never ending fighting and big waste of lives/money/time. It's strange, but almost everyone begging for a fight with Iran isn't even in the military and has nothing to risk????

Comment

Working...
                                X