X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Local FFL & CHL information

CHL Classes
    ----------------------------------------------------

Class prices can range from $90 to $150.

I highly recommend you find a class where everything is provided (state paperwork, photos and finger prints)

You'll need to take a pen, SEMI auto, 50 rounds and ID

CHL fees are $140 new and $70 renewal ( $70 for veterans & seniors and $0 for active military)

Your license can take anywhere from 30 to 60 day (some cases longer)

(all add more to this later but i need to get work)

Texas CHL website

CHL instructors

Recommended instructors of dfwmustang members. If anyone has anymore please post them up.

Sergeant McGuire, FWPD
    817-475-6413

David Gilreath

Red River Firearms
    (903) 893-8449
    2926 Texoma Parkway
    Sherman, TX 75090

Parnell Mcnamara

Crossfire Training
    Bluehost - Top rated web hosting provider - Free 1 click installs For blogs, shopping carts, and more. Get a free domain name, real NON-outsourced 24/7 support, and superior speed. web hosting provider php hosting cheap web hosting, Web hosting, domain names, front page hosting, email hosting. We offer affordable hosting, web hosting provider business web hosting, ecommerce hosting, unix hosting. Phone support available, Free Domain, and Free Setup.

Damon Ing

817-891-1680

Jeff Dowdle
    Home based: by appointment only
    near 121 and Harwood
    Bedford, TX 76021
    cell: 972-567-2678
    jeff@livetoshoot.com
    website - http://www.livetoshoot.com
    Transfer Fees:
    CHL/LEO/Active Mil: $10
    All Others: $15

FFL Info
    ---------------------------------------------

This is going to be a sticky for local FFL's you've used and recommend. If you would list all the info you have on them (name, addy, phone number, email, etc) along with any special instructions. I'll do what I can to keep up with the list.
    Last edited by CJ; 12-17-2012, 01:40 PM.
    You remember the stories John use to tell us about the the three chinamen playing Fantan? This guy runs up to them and says, "Hey, the world's coming to an end!" and the first one says, "Well, I best go to the mission and pray," and the second one says, "Well, hell, I'm gonna go and buy me a case of Mezcal and six whores," and the third one says "Well, I'm gonna finish the game." I shall finish the game, Doc.

I suggest crossfire training. They do a great job at teaching but keep it entertaining as they can.
    Half of history is hiding the past.

Comment

Mine is about to expire, any info on that?
      Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Originally posted by mach1 View Post
        Mine is about to expire, any info on that?
        The class will only be half a day. Couple hours of review, written test then shoot. The class is cheaper for renewal, just depends on your instructor. It's only $70 to the state and the package is easier. It's only a form 100 and your check.
        You remember the stories John use to tell us about the the three chinamen playing Fantan? This guy runs up to them and says, "Hey, the world's coming to an end!" and the first one says, "Well, I best go to the mission and pray," and the second one says, "Well, hell, I'm gonna go and buy me a case of Mezcal and six whores," and the third one says "Well, I'm gonna finish the game." I shall finish the game, Doc.

Comment

I did Parnell Mcnamara.

He kicks ass, and basically just told us stories the whole time about when he was a US Marshal. He also owns a full auto MP40 with swasticas on it and stuff!

For the final test, he gives you a review with all the answers on it about 30 minutes before. Also, his girlfriend does all the finger printing, paperwork, and notarizing for you in class as Parnell talks. It was almost like a social gathering with some shooting around lunchtime.

Edit: Parnell was also first on the scene of the infamous Waco siege. Boy is that a story.
          Originally posted by lincolnboy
          After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by DieselSmoke View Post
            SEMI auto,
            minimum caliber 32ACP
            WRX

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
              I did Parnell Mcnamara.

He kicks ass, and basically just told us stories the whole time about when he was a US Marshal. He also owns a full auto MP40 with swasticas on it and stuff!

For the final test, he gives you a review with all the answers on it about 30 minutes before. Also, his girlfriend does all the finger printing, paperwork, and notarizing for you in class as Parnell talks. It was almost like a social gathering with some shooting around lunchtime.

Edit: Parnell was also first on the scene of the infamous Waco siege. Boy is that a story.
              Is he in waco?
              Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Is he in waco?
                Yes. He is also running for mayor of one of the outlying towns too. Really stand up guy, I could sit and listen to him ramble on for days !

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
                  Yes. He is also running for mayor of one of the outlying towns too. Really stand up guy, I could sit and listen to him ramble on for days !
                  I'd love to hear him ramble too sux I am not in Waco tho

Comment

I'd love to hear him ramble too sux I am not in Waco tho
                    Ah, I gotcha. Since you are just renewing though it shouldnt be too big of a deal wherever you go. There was a guy in my class doing a renewal and he only was there for 3 hours or so.

Comment

I plan to do a deal for dfwmustang members, nothing is set in stone yet but I'll keep everyone posted.
                      Www.greatsouthwestgun.com

Comment

I'm doing the Utah CHL in the next few months. When I do I'll post that info up too.

Comment

Originally posted by DieselSmoke View Post
                          I'm doing the Utah CHL in the next few months. When I do I'll post that info up too.
                          I remember that post...do you mind posting the info or link?

Comment

Originally posted by gtownGT View Post
                            I remember that post...do you mind posting the info or link?

I'll find some more instructors when i have time.

Crossfire has classes at Cabelas and the Roanoke Recreation Center.

Bluehost - Top rated web hosting provider - Free 1 click installs For blogs, shopping carts, and more. Get a free domain name, real NON-outsourced 24/7 support, and superior speed. web hosting provider php hosting cheap web hosting, Web hosting, domain names, front page hosting, email hosting. We offer affordable hosting, web hosting provider business web hosting, ecommerce hosting, unix hosting. Phone support available, Free Domain, and Free Setup.

Comment

I have been out of town with the job and just got back into town 2 days after mine expired. Is there a grace period or do I have to go through the entire process again?

Comment

Working...
                              X