Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't realize it until I went to do my renewal online. Since I'm on my 3rd renewal cycle, I don't have to do fingerprints, shooting qual, or the class. Just had to pay online and wait for the criminal background to go through. I'll have to do it all on my next renewal though. Sweet!

Comment

Can a local dealer in Texas mail a firearm (pistol) directly to me without me having to pick it up from an FFL?

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
        Can a local dealer in Texas mail a firearm (pistol) directly to me without me having to pick it up from an FFL?
        I doubt it. And definitely not through USPS.

I think that only works when a non-FFL sends handgun to manufacturer for repair and they return it back to the same non-FFL recipients address, providing that the serial number hasn't been changed at any point.

Comment

Originally posted by LS1Goat View Post
          I doubt it. And definitely not through USPS.

I think that only works when a non-FFL sends handgun to manufacturer for repair and they return it back to the same non-FFL recipients address, providing that the serial number hasn't been changed at any point.
          I didn't think so but thought I'd ask after the FFL information posted above.

Comment

Looking to get my CHL. Thoughts, feedback, good/bad from Skyraider Arms in Mansfield?

Course Cost $100.00 for Training Class. Groups of 2 or more New Students are discounted to $75.00 ea. $140.00 to the State of Texas for License Processing. (Veterans pay only $70) ($35.25 goes to the FBI for background checks.)
            Total cost to Student - $240.00 (Veterans - $170.00)
            Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
            There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren M View Post
              Looking to get my CHL. Thoughts, feedback, good/bad from Skyraider Arms in Mansfield?
              http://www.sftmansfield.com/3.html
              PM Venix on here, good chl class instructor!
              Ded

Comment

Originally posted by vadertt View Post
                PM Venix on here, good chl class instructor!
                Thanx for the love!

Comment

Originally posted by Venix View Post
                  Thanx for the love!
                  NP dude! Good class! Very entertaining.

Probably going to look into one of your other classes soon.
                  Ded

Comment

Just got my CHL in the mail on Friday, thanks Venix!

Finally got around to doing it, and it took about 2.5 months, I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by hotrod66stang View Post
                      Just got my CHL in the mail on Friday, thanks Venix!

Finally got around to doing it, and it took about 2.5 months, I believe.

Tumbs ups broseph!
                      Ded

Comment

My company is offering CHL classes for $55 and we have an FFL. Also new range opening in Rockwall and we allow rapid fire. We also offer advance training for anyone who is interested. Pm me and I will try and answer any questions.

Comment

Chl

I have been procrastinating for years getting my CHL. Well a buddy called me up friday night and said he is going with another friend and there were 4 cancellations for the class(two days) starting yesterday and today.

Course fee 130. 2 days. 1st day all classroom, gun laws etc.......
                          2nd day -- gun safety- range rules - go shoot --- (scored a 250) easy shooting!
                          Then lunch --review--test-- paperwork. Easy test 100%.

Although the instructor was a notary and notarized all docs, I still need to go get passport pics(2) and electronic prints THEN send this mound of paperwork in.
                          I am still unclear as to where/what to do next, pics right then prints? I believe that I need to go on line to make an appointment to get prints done? Sound right?

Dam I wish I would have gone to a 1 stop shop where everything is done!

Shit,

Bright side - got to shoot at Haltom city gun range off of Minnis !

Comment

Originally posted by likeitfast55 View Post
                            I have been procrastinating for years getting my CHL. Well a buddy called me up friday night and said he is going with another friend and there were 4 cancellations for the class(two days) starting yesterday and today.

Course fee 130. 2 days. 1st day all classroom, gun laws etc.......
                            2nd day -- gun safety- range rules - go shoot --- (scored a 250) easy shooting!
                            Then lunch --review--test-- paperwork. Easy test 100%.

Although the instructor was a notary and notarized all docs, I still need to go get passport pics(2) and electronic prints THEN send this mound of paperwork in.
                            I am still unclear as to where/what to do next, pics right then prints? I believe that I need to go on line to make an appointment to get prints done? Sound right?

Dam I wish I would have gone to a 1 stop shop where everything is done!

Shit,

Bright side - got to shoot at Haltom city gun range off of Minnis !
                            You can do the state application online. That way you make your fingerprinting appointment at that time. Then all you need to mail in is the CHL 100 (it's the paper saying you passed), pics, and the "checklist" you print off when doing the app online.
                            92 LX 5.0

Comment

Originally posted by dewayne6243 View Post
                              Cash Advance Benbrook
                              9023 US Hwy 377 South
                              Benbrook, Texas 76126
                              (817) 249-4909

$10 FFL Transfer For Everyone.
                              Originally posted by IHaveAMustang View Post
                              Holy crap! That is cheap. You ever used them? I'd like to start getting some cheap surplus weapons from other states, this may be the best way.
                              I've used Jason at Cash advance for years now, and it is still $10 as of 2 weeks ago. Always quick and easy with them.

Comment

can i get on the ffl list?
                                first class white trash

Comment

Working...
                                X