No announcement yet.

1967 Mustang coupe Build.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Also bought a new fender extension. (May end up buying the other side too, didn’t realize how in bad of shape it was) got my inner wheel wells as well. Probably gonna work on it more tomorrow. Sorting through all the junk my dad left.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Got some work done today. It’s lookin like a car!

Comment

• looking great man!
        Originally posted by stevo
        Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

• That's great man, keep kickin' ass!

Comment

• Love it! Keep up the good work!

I can’t wait for my next classic project. I’ve got builders withdrawal! This thread helps me cope.

Comment

• Anyone have any pictures they can send me for the fender mounting. Dallas mustang doesn’t seem to understand what I’m talking about when I say every single retainer needed. And I think I have the fender pushed back too far for mounting. There’s two bolts on the front, and according to what I’ve seen. The u-nuts go on the radiator core support area and then bolts go through the fender. And then I’m confused on the rear upper part of the fender where the bracket from the firewall comes up and attaches to it somehow. I really need an assembly manual of some sort but can’t seem to find a downloadable one. I’m getting frustrated. It’s hard to put this thing together when you didn’t take it apart haha

Comment

• Yeah, I'm not aware of a downloadable version. Might have to break down and buy the manual. It's money well spent, especially on a project your size.

Comment

• Thanks guys. Yeah I’ll have to look into it and see

Comment

• Anyone know what these guys all go to? Lol

Man my dad is killing me with this car hahaha

Comment

• Two piece bracket on the right with round hole in middle, is the firewall/steering column seal. There is a rubber seal that goes inside of it. You definitely need that unless you like hot engine air in your crotch. The piece middle/bottom looks like an under dash piece as well, like it hold a part of the wire harness.
                      Last edited by cool cat; 02-12-2018, 02:00 PM.

Comment

• The 4 top brackets are rear bumper mounts. 2 are bumper to body the other 2 are for the bumper-ettes.

The bottom one is an accelerator bracket. Mounts to the two rear carb studs.

I think the rusty one is the parking brake cable bracket.

Comment

• As for you fender mounting, you are on the right track. The front bolts mount to the core support. J-nut/Speed nuts/nut-clips, etc mount to the core support. Then the bolt head is against the fender. At the rear upper, the speed nut goes on the fender, then bolted through the bracket attached to the cowl. the rear lower has a captured nut on the rocker and is bolted through the fender.
                          Last edited by homealone; 02-12-2018, 02:21 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by homealone View Post
                            As for you fender mounting, you are on the right track. The front bolts mount to the core support. J-nut/Speed nuts/nut-clips, etc mount to the core support. Then the bolt head is against the fender. At the rear upper, the speed nut goes on the fender, then bolted through the bracket attached to the cowl. the rear lower has a captured nut on the rocker and is bolted through the fender.

Thanks guys. Lots of good info. Looks like I’m gonna be needing lots of retainer and fasteners. Grr. Well time to go shopping lol.

I’ll re-install the fender this coming weekend as well as installing the next one after I pick up my other headlamp bucket.

Comment

• And Dallas mustang doesn’t have the splash shield I need. Great! I did however get the headlamp bucket. I think I can mount The fender anyways yes still install the shield when I get it. I went ahead and also picked up the body assembly manual

Comment

• Fml fml fml fml fml

Comment

Working...
                                X