Daily beater

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jammeejamm View Post
    you got married and you bought another audi. you are the most optimistic motherfucker ever.

bro it looks good though. looks real good.
    LMFAO! Post of the week.. Maybe month.

Good looking car SVT!

Originally posted by LaserSVT View Post
    ...axle shafts were an issue (non-issue on the A8) and just various issues.
    This confused me.. In the first post you say the half-shafts were replaced last year, but here you say they aren't an issue on the A8. Are you saying that just because they were just replaced and you have some time before having to worry about them again?

Comment

Audi makes a solid car these days. No idea what year that is though. I love my 13 Passat vr6. Maybe I’ll be baller enough to have an Audi next.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
        LMFAO! Post of the week.. Maybe month.

Good looking car SVT!

This confused me.. In the first post you say the half-shafts were replaced last year, but here you say they aren't an issue on the A8. Are you saying that just because they were just replaced and you have some time before having to worry about them again?
        They were replaced under what German car manufactures like to consider preventative maintenance. They figure the shafts are good for 100K miles and then want new ones in there. Was told car made no noise nor did it sling grease but they wanted new ones so it was done.
        Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

Slick! I have been kinda looking at some older 5.5 AMGs due to the 5.5s rep. Any thoughts on those cars?

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Mc View Post
            Slick! I have been kinda looking at some older 5.5 AMGs due to the 5.5s rep. Any thoughts on those cars?
            My E55 was one of the worst cars I ever owned. Things broke every time it went out.
            Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

Had the twisted 5 spokes on my S4. It's a cool wheel. I'd go with the aftermarket wheel of the two options you showed.

Comment

My E55 was one of the worst cars I ever owned. Things broke every time it went out.
                Well that settles that lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Mc View Post
                  Well that settles that lol.
                  LOL, yeah I loved and hated that car. It looked so nice and was super fast. Thing always tried to kill me because the tune had the bloweres clutch locked all the time so partial throttle took some finesse. Had full exhaust, intake and a tune and ran mid 11's all day which was killer for a heavy super luxury car. But damn I hated it. First drive I noticed the heater didnt work or seat massagers. Since the seats were $5000 to fix I said fuck it. Heater was $3k to fix as 5 of 12 blend door actuators had to be replaced. Then the charging system failed and since it has electric brakes it warns you that you have 5 minutes to stop. After that the trans died. Apparently the cooler in the rad failed and when you would shut it down warm the coolant would push into the trans. So new trans, alt, two batteries (it has two) and a radiator latter I thought I was done. Then the keyway sheered on the crank pulley. Since it was pinned once they couldnt repin it and it needed a whole new crank. Engine was cheaper. While the car was on my lift while I was figuring out what to do it had sat there for 3 days, never leaked a drop. Got the call I need a new engine and as I stare at the car motherfucking it the air/water intercooler heat exchanger started to piss all over. WTF!!???!? I replaced both parts, sold the car and the new owner instantly got it on the Dallas watch list for street racers because of all the videos he posted in open forums and Facebook of him doing HUGE rolling burnouts and beating up on mild modded CTS-Vs. LOL

That being said, the SL55 and CL55 from 2003-2006 are super stout cars (without the E55s issues) and can be had for cheap. Just make sure trans fluid was changed every 50k, make sure the blower does not have shaft play, make sure all windows, roof and hot/cold works and look for a service history of the shocks being replaced and the steering pump (it controls the shocks). Those two cars weak points are the shocks but if the system has a fluid flush every 20k then they last forever and you are not spending $500 (my cost, $1300 retail) for each new shock.

Comment

So since owning the car its repairs have been simple. The car only had max heat or max cold which was a $40 heater pump valve assy. Sunroof made a horrid grinding noise that was just the wind deflector motor so I converted it to spring loaded like every other car in the world. I ceramic tinted the windows then discovered the passenger regulator was worn and it scratched the new tint. Regulator was only $48 and since I do so much work there the owner said he will slap it in and re-tint the window for free. My PDR guy charged me $100 to knock out 12 door dings, one was very large. I cleaned one rear height sensor as the car would deflate the suspension in dynamic mode overnight. Ordered an OEM Euro spoiler in my color code. Its just a shallow spoiler to give the tail some lines. I also ordered the 20" wheels with Audi caps and Continental Sport Contacts to ditch the old man wheels. Polished out the headlights so they look new (way better than $900 each). Fixed the Bose speakers as it turns out someone forgot to plug them back in after putting the door back on. All in all the car is super solid and since it has some scratches and stuff I can drive it guilt free and be comfortable.
                    Really cant wait for the new wheels as its gonna really clean it up from anemic 18s to OEM style/size 20s

Comment

Originally posted by 2011GT View Post
                      Audi makes a solid car these days. No idea what year that is though. I love my 13 Passat vr6. Maybe I’ll be baller enough to have an Audi next.
                      they do?

Comment

That being said, the SL55 and CL55 from 2003-2006 are super stout cars (without the E55s issues) and can be had for cheap.
                        Hahahahahaha, E55s are FAR cheaper and less problematic to maintain that an SL55 or CL55. BTW, nobody does a fluid flush every 200 miles on the ABC system because MB never recommends it and it's very expensive. It usually only gets done when problems start. Once that happens good luck to you because you'll be 10k deep before it's fixed.
                        Originally posted by Marisa
                        we women are all irrational and emotional and insane...some just hide it better than others.

truth.

Comment

Oh I never ment to imply they were cheap to maintain but the people I know have had less issues with the SL and Cl compared to the E55. They all have the same suspension issue which is why so many convert to coilovers. Also its supposed to be every 20,000 miles. My CL had it done twice and my E55 had it done once. Difference was the E55 had 80k on it and the CL had 27k.

But I am not an expert in the Benzx world, I can only go off of what I have seen and owned. I am sure you have much more experience in these cars. Just throwing in my .02

Comment

Oh I never ment to imply they were cheap to maintain but the people I know have had less issues with the SL and Cl compared to the E55. They all have the same suspension issue which is why so many convert to coilovers. Also its supposed to be every 20,000 miles. My CL had it done twice and my E55 had it done once. Difference was the E55 had 80k on it and the CL had 27k.

But I am not an expert in the Benzx world, I can only go off of what I have seen and owned. I am sure you have much more experience in these cars. Just throwing in my .02

Comment

Comment

So much better. Looks like a different car.

Comment

Working...
                                X