X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You should be able to find the CZ for less than $700

Comment

Originally posted by 32vfromhell View Post
      I have been kicking around the same idea in my head.

I think instead of a AR 9mm instead i'll grab a SIG MPX.
      Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
      I don't have one, but my buddy has a JP Rifles GMR15 that uses Glock mags and he got it for USPSA PCC division but found out PCC is not for him so he's wanting to sell it. It's got the blue heat sink on the barrel and blue ambi safety.

https://jprifles.com/1.2.13_GMR-15.php
      Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
      Why not just grab a CZ Scorpion or something similar?
      Originally posted by NoClassic View Post
      Hard to beat these with what the street prices are at now.
      Originally posted by CJ View Post
      Mine is a 5.5" vYHM upper. They make pretty solid kits that come with everything you need.

Whats the street price on a Scorpion these days?

I am still eyeing this bad hombre, and it looks like some places its down cheaper around 1200-1300 or so. Maybe Casey can get it cheaper.

You should be able to find the CZ for less than $700
      I've looked at the SIG MPx. Shot one a few months ago at Shoot smart. A little heavy. But if I was going to spend north of 1,000 but under MP5 clone money, it would be what I would get. There is a large aftermarket part and modification community. Cut down handguards and barrels and new part take offs are flooded on FB.

I haven't shot a Scorpion. I like the looks of it, and they seem to have a good aftermarket market for mods like the Sig. Only review I have ever really read/watched was by Alex on the one he has that turned SBR. And in talking to him, he said for me to "Pass" on it. I wouldn't mind shooting one to form my own opinion though. Price point is above what I can slap a PSA AR9 together for and slightly less than a Quarter Circle build mixed with good JP/Rainier parts.

The AR basis of the platform appeals to me as I am more familiar with them and have plenty of furniture parts lower parts laying around. I may pick up a Quarter Circle lower and go from there with a PSA upper or one from YHM.
      Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

I have been kicking around the same idea in my head.

I think instead of a AR 9mm instead i'll grab a SIG MPX.
        Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
        Why not just grab a CZ Scorpion or something similar?
        I thought about getting an AR 9mm conversion for mine but in the end, I wanted a complete gun instead of a conversion so that I had an extra carbine available if I needed it. Although the CZ is cheaper, I went with the MPX because it seemed to have a bigger aftermarket support. Plus I felt that Sig just has a bigger following.

I am still eyeing this bad hombre, and it looks like some places its down cheaper around 1200-1300 or so. Maybe Casey can get it cheaper.

I believe the Scorpions can be had for around $800-900 depending on if you get the rifle or pistol. I paid around $1300 for my MPX pistol and I'm waiting on the paperwork to SBR it.

Originally posted by KBScobravert View Post
        I've looked at the SIG MPx. Shot one a few months ago at Shoot smart. A little heavy. But if I was going to spend north of 1,000 but under MP5 clone money, it would be what I would get. There is a large aftermarket part and modification community. Cut down handguards and barrels and new part take offs are flooded on FB.

I haven't shot a Scorpion. I like the looks of it, and they seem to have a good aftermarket market for mods like the Sig. Only review I have ever really read/watched was by Alex on the one he has that turned SBR. And in talking to him, he said for me to "Pass" on it. I wouldn't mind shooting one to form my own opinion though. Price point is above what I can slap a PSA AR9 together for and slightly less than a Quarter Circle build mixed with good JP/Rainier parts.

The AR basis of the platform appeals to me as I am more familiar with them and have plenty of furniture parts lower parts laying around. I may pick up a Quarter Circle lower and go from there with a PSA upper or one from YHM.
        Let us know how it goes. I've watched favorable reviews of the CZ on YouTube and I'm surprised Alex said pass on it.

Comment

Oh one selling point you might want to look into are the price of magazines. The ones for the Sig aren't cheap but can be found from time to time on sale. I have a Gen2 and the Gen1 mags are cheaper and so far just as reliable. I picked up a 3 pack of Gen1 Sig MPX mags with a velcro mag pouch for $60 on sale. I have no idea what CZ mags go for or availability.

Comment

I will say this, the CZ Evo pistol comes in a solid pound lighter to the same Sig MPX. 5.0lbs to 6.1lbs. Hmm

Comment

The CZ should work better as a suppressor host than the MPX. Have read multiple account of uncomfortable levels of gas blow back on the SIG when suppressed.

If they ever drop under 600 would likely buy to build a short version with the HB handguard.

Comment

Can't speak for the scorpion yet, but I now own 4 CZ pistols and a rifle. The bang for your buck is excellent. I picked up two surplus 75 compacts a while back and sent them out to Fords in Florida then going to send them to Cajun gun works for a few upgrades.

Comment

That is appealing

The CZ should work better as a suppressor host than the MPX. Have read multiple account of uncomfortable levels of gas blow back on the SIG when suppressed.

If they ever drop under 600 would likely buy to build a short version with the HB handguard.

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
                    I bought a stripped lower from Double Diamond Law Enforcement Supply years ago (went with them because I wanted to use Colt mags rather than Glock) and upper parts and 9mm buffer from Rock River. I had to trim a half or full coil from the firing pin spring because it was too stiff. Other than that, no issues. It's a great shooting little gun (10.5" SBR).
                    My mannnnnn

DDLES using 32 round Colt mags. I also used RR stock 9mm upper.

Also put on my Octane HD2 to where it's halfway inside the barrel. Love it, super quiet using 147gr rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by IHaveAMustang View Post
                      My mannnnnn

DDLES using 32 round Colt mags. I also used RR stock 9mm upper.

Also put on my Octane HD2 to where it's halfway inside the barrel. Love it, super quiet using 147gr rounds.
                      DDLES is now Quarter Circle 10 from what I can find. I do like their quality by the looks of them.

I like the idea of Colt mags over large frame Glock mags. I think that the angle the Glock mag approaches the magwell would be awkward and odd to me. Straight up into the gun like an AR would be how I envision a mag change in my head. And I think the Colt mags just look more correct to me

I looked at a NCPCC from Nordic. Interchangeable magwells for different Glock mags but they don't list the Colt mag, yet. They look to be of high quality and for $400 bare lower it better be the bee's knees.

Or the repsonse I am shocked to not see yet of "get both" appeals to me. Maybe find a Scorpion EVO 3 pistol and build a AR9 pistol. If I don't like either one of them, I can sell it. Heck, I may pick up the Quarter Circle, a Nordic NCPCC and a Scorpion and decide what to do with them when I get home.

And yes, I know the mag in the Scorpion is not straight up BUT it is forward canted opposite of the pistol grip. Unlike the Glock mag guns that use two different angles for pistol grip and for magazine. So I think the Scorpion would feel more natural.

Comment

One thing the mpx has going for it is weight. A 9mm blowback AR is heavy as hell for it's size. If I didn't have to run an AR lower, I'd probably get a mpx. I will say though, a gas operated AR upper is the smoothest shooting sub gun I've ever fired. My gas operated .45 was 10x smoother than my 9mm, and half as heavy.
                        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                          One thing the mpx has going for it is weight. A 9mm blowback AR is heavy as hell for it's size. If I didn't have to run an AR lower, I'd probably get a mpx. I will say though, a gas operated AR upper is the smoothest shooting sub gun I've ever fired. My gas operated .45 was 10x smoother than my 9mm, and half as heavy.
                          I won't lie, it is heavier than you'd think it would be. But I like solid feeling weapons.

Comment

Picked up a CZ Scorpion pistol yesterday. Then installed a Lage side folding adapter with a Shockwave brace. My Trijicon MRO w/mount will be here in a day or so then it is off to the range.

First impressions are this thing is built well. Action is smooth. I like the mag release location and mag lock up but may add a larger release paddle. Trigger is a little heavy. Sights are nice and easy to make out. Safety on the right side does feel like it will be annoying shooting though. It rides on your trigger finger. The side folder is solid, locks up open and is easy to fold either way.

Magazines are full plastic but the springs. I have heard of lips breaking. Hopefully an aftermarket solution comes out. In the meanwhile, I will buy several. It came with two 20rd mags to start me off.

I am going to order a 5.3" K cut barrel and handguard after the first of the year.

Comment

Get an aftermarket safety lever that deletes or repositions the right side. The factory safety lever sucks.
                              ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                                Get an aftermarket safety lever that deletes or repositions the right side. The factory safety lever sucks.
                                I'm looking at the AK style.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X