No announcement yet.

Shop that can troubleshoot turbo issue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shop that can troubleshoot turbo issue?

Buddy of mine has a turbo car he's put together but is looking for a shop that can help him troubleshoot some vacuum line issues he's having. Any suggestions who he can go to?

What kind of car/engine/kit?

Comment

Every shop has their horror stories, but Gearheads did a great job sorting out my supercharged 05 GT that fell on it's face at high RPM. Turbo leaks probably wouldn't scare them. At least worth a call.

Comment

So I asked him more about the kit and apparently he bought it on eBay. No details on it other than it's a V8 Mustang and it's a twin turbo kit. I'll suggest he talk to Gearheads. Thanks.

Comment

hit up Jet

Originally posted by DOHCTR
          You sir are the poster child for "Go big or go home"!

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
            Buddy of mine has a turbo car he's put together but is looking for a shop that can help him troubleshoot some vacuum line issues he's having. Any suggestions who he can go to?

There are very minimal vacuum lines to have problems with even on the early and very crude turbo kits that used a FMU for enrichment. What is the application? I can easily draw you a diagram.
            Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Routing or leaks? If leaks you can smoke it or I like making a plug for the intake tract with a Schrader valve in it and putting pressure in the cold side and you can hear any vacuum hoses with issues.

Comment

Working...
              X