8.8 rear end

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8.8 rear end

will 33 spline axles fit in stock 8.8 rear end ......and what bearings do I get ..these axles look larger then stock.

8.8s came from the factory with 28 spines in cars and 31 spline in trucks. 33 spline would be an aftermarket thing.
    Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

They will fit, but takes an aftermarket carrier, not sure on the axle bearings.

Comment

You’ll want to check the length too.

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
          8.8s came from the factory with 28 spines in cars and 31 spline in trucks. 33 spline would be an aftermarket thing.
          I think some newer ones came with a 33 and 35 spline.
          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
            I think some newer ones came with a 33 and 35 spline.
            The Explorers had 31 spline. Of course, the cars had 28 spline. Never seen a factory Ford 8.8" with anything more than 31. Maybe something has changed, not sure.

Comment

I had a customer that builds hotrods call and order a specific rear axle telling me it was a higher spline count. From a quick google, that may not be correct, all I can find is a torsen diff.
              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

These are the ones I see for 33 spline, 35 gets into a new Strange diff or spools.

Comment

yes these are after market

just wanted to know if they would fit ...I know I'm going to have to get a new carrier....was looking at the size of the axle knowing I would need a new bearing too ...just want to know if these axles and bearing combo fit in a stock 8.8 housing ...

Comment

Yes. Several companies make 33 Spline axles for them. As long as the length is right you should be good. Just get the correct bearings and locker/carrier.
                    Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Working...
                    X