TV? Anyone bought a new OLED?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
    You should see my Galaxy S8... youtube has burned it pretty badly. Of course, after the damage was done they come out with a dark mode that would have helped reduce the burn a little.
    This is Ed Zachary why I don't get OLED display phones anymore. Once it's there, you can't unsee it and it'll drive you up the wall, especially knowing what you paid.

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
      My wife slapped me in the chest when I suggested the 15k tv.
      There’s nothing any TV can do, in my mind, that could make it worth that kind of scratch.

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post
        I don’t know. Everything I’ve read plainly says that when comparing apples to apples (set up properly, not trying to burn your eyeballs with brightness), OLED is supposed to blow QLED away. Not just blacker blacks, but better colors, too. Burn-in would bug me, though, so hopefully that’s something they can overcome by the time the prices get reasonable. I loved my old plasma TVs (still have one), but the burn-in was a bitch.

So you’re going with 8k QLED? That sucker is $15 grand!

I’ve been looking at the biggest Samsung 4K QLED, which is 82”, and then the LG 86” LED (not OLED). It will replace a 10 year old 73” DLP, so I’m sure either one is going to blow me away. I have like a 5 or 6 year old 60” in my man cave, and the picture is soooo much better.
        Yeah I messed up, I should have said the 82". I went to Microcenter in Dallas and iirc the 82" qled was $2,500. Didn't know the oled was $15k, I'd never do that. For some reason I was thinking they were all 85" and the price was just doubled. But no, it seems there are different models of qled where the price doubles.

I'm sure the newer qleds look fantastic anyway. Without the giant price tag and burn in that I know I'd get.
        WH

Comment

Working...
        X