DFW Mustangs    

Go Back   DFW Mustangs > General > Pirate 4x4 ARRRRRR

Old Yesterday, 06:20 PM   #221
Jose
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowthreeohz View Post
I think the ko2s get super loud.. ive got 40k on my nitto grappler g2s and they have been a great tire and make minimal noise. Trade some offroad capability for road worthiness and i think the 97% time you spend on the road will be a lot more pleasant.
Nitto Terra Grappler G2's are what I have. I've been pretty happy with them for what I drive with the occasional off roading. Couple of trips to New Mexico and a couple to Colorado and no complaints. Some high speed highway runs at 90 or so, mud, sand. So far, so good.
Jose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:46 PM   #222
Jose
Lifer

I have a couple more videos I need to upload but I won't get around to it till later. Anyway just wanted to share a few videos from last weekend at Northwest OHV.

Rock Hit. Around the :40 second mark, you will see the FJ in front of me hit the rock that I eventually dragged alongside my truck.

Geoff stuck for a sec.

Rock Garden

Jose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:14 PM   #223
lowthreeohz
lol wut

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluv View Post
Seconded!

From what I can gather on the FB pages, the Jeep and 4Runner guys love the KO2s, but a lot of the fullsize guys say they donít last worth a shit on the heavier trucks.

Which Grapplers do you have? Terra, Trail, Ridge? We have Terra Grapplers (AT) on the Expedition. They are okay. Not very aggressive, which is fine for that vehicle. I ran a set of Trail Grapplers (MT) on my truck for a while, but they wore quicker than I would like. The Ridge Grapplers are in between an AT and a MT, and would probably be awesome on your truck, Rob.
Sorry, terra grapplers. Now that you mention it, i seem to recall reading the same about the ko2s.

I loved the toyo open countrys i had on the silver dodge, but good god they were pricey to replace with as much driving as i was doing. Lasted great and wore well though, never had a problem with them.
lowthreeohz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:51 PM   #224
yellowstang
Lifer

Loved the vid's, Jose!

Man, I can't tell which Nitto Discount has I like better, Terra Grappler G2 or Ridge Grappler. Price is pretty close, $235 or $263
The Terra Grappler comes with a 50K mile warranty tho, the Ridge has N/A
Sticking with the stock size, I'll never get crazy into off roading. LT275 /65 R18

The Toyo OPEN COUNTRY M/T has no rating/reviews, but looks aggressive. Also $318 each.
The Toyo OPEN COUNTRY A/T II looks good too at $273 each, but again, no rating/reviews 50K warranty
yellowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:27 PM   #225
jluv
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowstang View Post
Loved the vid's, Jose!

Man, I can't tell which Nitto Discount has I like better, Terra Grappler G2 or Ridge Grappler. Price is pretty close, $235 or $263
The Terra Grappler comes with a 50K mile warranty tho, the Ridge has N/A
Sticking with the stock size, I'll never get crazy into off roading. LT275 /65 R18

The Toyo OPEN COUNTRY M/T has no rating/reviews, but looks aggressive. Also $318 each.
The Toyo OPEN COUNTRY A/T II looks good too at $273 each, but again, no rating/reviews 50K warranty
An MT is overkill if you donít off-road much.

Toyo makes an RT thatís in between the two, just like the Nitto Ridge Grappler. I havenít run either, but I wouldnt hesitate to do so, based on my experience with the ATs and the MTs from both. Same parent company, by the way.

Between the two ATs, I like the Toyo better. The Nitto Terra Grappler is slightly softer and slightly less aggressive than the Toyo AT. That makes it quieter and smoother, but the Toyo is not noticeably rough or loud. I think the Toyo will last a little longer, and I believe itís a little better off road and in snow. But the difference isnít huge.

Moral of the story is that you canít go wrong with Toyo or Nitto. You just have to decide which tier to go with. In my opinion, if you are 90% on road and 10% off road, the AT/Terra is good. If youíre 75/25, go with the RT/Ridge. Anything more off road than that, the MT/Trail is worth it.
jluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:53 PM   #226
yellowstang
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluv View Post
An MT is overkill if you donít off-road much.

Toyo makes an RT thatís in between the two, just like the Nitto Ridge Grappler. I havenít run either, but I wouldnt hesitate to do so, based on my experience with the ATs and the MTs from both. Same parent company, by the way.

Between the two ATs, I like the Toyo better. The Nitto Terra Grappler is slightly softer and slightly less aggressive than the Toyo AT. That makes it quieter and smoother, but the Toyo is not noticeably rough or loud. I think the Toyo will last a little longer, and I believe itís a little better off road and in snow. But the difference isnít huge.

Moral of the story is that you canít go wrong with Toyo or Nitto. You just have to decide which tier to go with. In my opinion, if you are 90% on road and 10% off road, the AT/Terra is good. If youíre 75/25, go with the RT/Ridge. Anything more off road than that, the MT/Trail is worth it.
Thanks Jared, I've got a lot to learn about this off road shit! Probably will be 90/10, no more than 80/20 at the most. Sounds like Toyo AT is it! Still cheapest tire I've purchased since the 1st Stang I got in 1994! Those were always expensive.
yellowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:27 PM   #227
jluv
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowstang View Post
Thanks Jared, I've got a lot to learn about this off road shit! Probably will be 90/10, no more than 80/20 at the most. Sounds like Toyo AT is it! Still cheapest tire I've purchased since the 1st Stang I got in 1994! Those were always expensive.
I think youíll be super happy with that tire. Make sure to go LT and not P. Iíd do D rated. E rated if youíre gonna carry a bunch of weight or just want overkill on strength, but D will be plenty, and will ride better.
jluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:40 AM   #228
Chili
Joe Blow

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordracing19 View Post
4runner for a daily and JK for trail rig?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Nah, but will am looking at doing the TRD Pro and keeping it mostly stock. Just building it out for camping and reliability. Eventually doing bumpers for clearance, swing out and winch, and sliders. My focus is supposed to be going into a multi year van build. Starting with camping build out then 4x4 conversion.
Chili is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
climbin twin peaks!