Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waiting to have blood drawn now.

Comment

• Interesting. What is a normal range , by the numbers mentioned?

Comment

• IIRC, I had my test level checked in my early 30's and I think I was in the 350 range and the dr. said that was normal. That was almost 10 years ago though so I may have forgot the actual number.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimbo View Post
          Interesting. What is a normal range , by the numbers mentioned?
          I was shown 1000 to 350 as normal range.
          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

• 3 days after pinning 150mg I'm at 850ish. 7 days later I'm at 400ish.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
            Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimbo View Post
              Interesting. What is a normal range , by the numbers mentioned?
              It seems that every lab and doctor will have their own standards they shoot for. You need to measure free testosterone, total and estrogen. However every person reacts differently so it's based heavily on how you feel.

Go to an endocrinologist and they'll probably shoot for the lower number while a urologist will want something in the middle. Most clinics want to hit the higher end of the scale but you are generally treated by a PA. The downside to clinics though is that they really want you to take shots and that's not always the only option, especially if you suffer from Varicoceles that clinics don't even check for.

Comment

• Originally posted by BP View Post
                The downside to clinics though is that they really want you to take shots
                Aside from the dr forcing you to come into the office for an injection (which doesn't make sense), or just really really hating needles and not being able to do it yourself, why would anyone not want to do injections?

Comment

• Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                  Aside from the dr forcing you to come into the office for an injection (which doesn't make sense), or just really really hating needles and not being able to do it yourself, why would anyone not want to do injections?
                  I self inject HCG so it's really not a big deal. Personally I use the clinic because it's a set price and it's only 5 minutes from my house. I do think I'll try to get my regular doctor to start treating me after the 6 month mark though.

Comment

• has anyone had to donate blood due to high red blood cell count? Mine is a 50.6 and doc says I need to donate. Not a fan of and never donated blood before. But if I go to my next physical for work and they pick up on the red blood cell count being high, I may have to explain why and that could derail employment

Comment

• Originally posted by KBScobravert View Post
                      has anyone had to donate blood due to high red blood cell count? Mine is a 50.6 and doc says I need to donate. Not a fan of and never donated blood before. But if I go to my next physical for work and they pick up on the red blood cell count being high, I may have to explain why and that could derail employment
                      Yeah 50.6%, if I remember right, is right at the upper limit on the hematocrit (everything's lab dependent)
                      Normal hemoglobin level is 14 to 18 g/dL for males. Get over 18 and they'll have to do a "therapeutic" donation. I did it last week.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on those numbers.

Comment

• I tested at 49.2 before my first injection, so it was recommended that I go ahead and donate. Doc said some have to, some might, and some might not.
                        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

3 days after pinning 150mg I'm at 850ish. 7 days later I'm at 400ish.

That's why it is recommended to cut does in half and pin twice a week. Otherwise you get to ride the hormone roller coaster. Pinning twice a week mine is at a very consistent 825 and has been for a couple of years now, only time it has deviated was when we had to tweak my dosing because of starting HCG.
                          1965 Ford Falcon Pro-Touring Project
                          TCI F/R Suspension, 3V-4.6 & TR3560, LT III Wheels

sigpic
                          Work In Progress

Comment

has anyone had to donate blood due to high red blood cell count? Mine is a 50.6 and doc says I need to donate. Not a fan of and never donated blood before. But if I go to my next physical for work and they pick up on the red blood cell count being high, I may have to explain why and that could derail employment
                            My hematocrit was 43.5 in September before starting therapy and was 46.1 last week. Hopefully it stays stable for a while.

Comment

• Originally posted by BP View Post
                              My hematocrit was 43.5 in September before starting therapy and was 46.1 last week. Hopefully it stays stable for a while.
                              apparently your hydration level at the time of the test can effect that number. He recommended I give blood, and to be well hydrated when I do my next test.

Comment

• Originally posted by fordracing19 View Post
                                I am drawing with a 20ga and injecting with a 25ga x 1 1/2"
                                Tried a 25ga today. Didn't even feel it break the skin. But it took forever for 1.75ml (100mg/1ml). Going back to 23ga.

Comment

Working...
                                X