Need laptop info/help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need laptop info/help

I am looking at buying a new laptop for work. It will be used 95% of the time to browse internet, or using a program that works through the network at work (reynolds and reynolds if anyone is familiar). I will use it to watch videos at times, maybe browse facebook or lookup info to help diag vehicles. This is all this computer will ever be used for. Need it to have a good wifi antenna to run the internet and use to flash vehicles through the network. I am not a computer guy buy any means so I hope this all makes sense. Anyone have a recommendation on a cheap laptop I can pickup and not care about it getting dirty/dusty, scratched etc? The cheaper the better naturally, but dont want a pos that will give me problems.

Damned near any computer you buy can do all that. I prefer to buy nicer computers less often, but I'm also a fairly heavy user.

Are you a 1099 contractor or a W-2 employee? If a W-2, why are you buying the computer?

Comment

Chromebook ftw

Comment

Acer Aspire3

$279 with Promo Code 3437238

I personally have had good luck with Acer laptops.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_92_Notch View Post
          Damned near any computer you buy can do all that. I prefer to buy nicer computers less often, but I'm also a fairly heavy user.

Are you a 1099 contractor or a W-2 employee? If a W-2, why are you buying the computer?
          Im a w-2, work at a dealer. The current laptop I have is a huge pos, wont connect to the dealer network unless I am in the parts dept. Service manager has dealt with the IT nerds, they keep saying they cant find anything wrong with the computer and that is is a network issue. I think there is an issue with the wifi antenna as the guy next to me, his laptop works fine. It was workking perfectly fine a week ago friday, i came in last monday and this issue started. There was some sort of network update and my laptop performed an automatic update. Could be a software issue? I am looking to buy one myself as it took me 8 months to get the one I have. I cannot do my job without one. Today marks almost 2 weeks I have been dealing with this.

Comment

Originally posted by LS1Goat View Post
            Acer Aspire3

$279 with Promo Code 3437238

I personally have had good luck with Acer laptops.
            kool, yeah we have an acer at home and had really good luck with it..

Comment

Iv had nothing but great luck with Acer and Lenovo, but do yourself a favor and get one that has/uses an ssd instead of a regular hard drive.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
                Iv had nothing but great luck with Acer and Lenovo, but do yourself a favor and get one that has/uses an ssd instead of a regular hard drive.
                Ive always like the think pads, they seem like a durable piece.

Comment

They are, it's their rugged line iirc. Again, anyone buying a new laptop will be all the better for purposefully and intentionally getting an ssd as the main drive.

Comment

Ok Kool, I'll check that out. I always forget about frys, may try and go there this weekend to see what they have.

Comment

Yeah, don't bother if no SSD - I've used Lenovo and Macbook Pros exclusively for years now - cannot go wrong with either for business purposes.
                      Originally posted by MR EDD
                      U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Microcenter.com has the best deals on Laptops, Notebooks, 2-in-1 Laptops, from all the brands you love such as HP, Acer, Dell, Lenovo, and more all available at your local Micro Center Computer Store!

Either of these would serve you well.

Comment

What are yalls thoughts on units like this being refurbished? It doesn't mention anything about the ssd being the main drive though.

Comment

Actually here is one that says it has the ssd drive. Can get a 4 year warranty on it for like $50.

Comment

the second device is so terribly dated, I wouldn't spend the money on it, that and it's a tiny ssd. You can get cellphones now with more storage...

As to the refurb question, if you can get a warranty, then I see no problem with it.

Comment

Working...
                              X