No announcement yet.

Running Program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know coolrunning has some basic training plans if you wanna use a guideline or something.

Comment

Alright, I have been running pretty good. Last week knocked out 15 miles and to start this week I ran 7 miles in 1:03 yesterday.

I got some great information in here so I'll just keep it going.

After a run my knees hurt on the outside of them. I am pretty adept to what my body is telling me. It's not a pain in the joint itself, and there's not any clicking or grinding. It feels more like a muscle pain but it is right on the outside of the joint and it radiates out about the entire height of my knee.

Visibly there isn't a lot of swelling and the pain on a 1 to 10 would be in the neighborhood of 4-6. I have to walk a little gimpy but it's nothing terrible.

This could well be regular pain from getting used to running, but it's bad enough it's worth mentioning.

EDIT: I almost forgot to mention that the Partners at my company keep bringing up IT Band (they're triathletes). Does IT Band have to be a bad pain, and at the end of the day is it necessarily a bad thing?

Thanks for any input.
      An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come.

-Victor Hugo

Comment

Working...
      X