No announcement yet.

Decent 380 for part time carry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Risa's CW is a Thunder .380, but carrying in a purse isn't quite the same i don't reckon.

I dont like the disassemble/reassemble on it, feels very sketchy and rough.

Comment

Originally posted by lo3oz View Post
      Risa's CW is a Thunder .380, but carrying in a purse isn't quite the same i don't reckon.

I dont like the disassemble/reassemble on it, feels very sketchy and rough.
      ive had one for almost 18yrs. never any trouble with it. its barks when you tell it to.

god bless.
      It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
        ive had one for almost 18yrs. never any trouble with it. its barks when you tell it to.

god bless.
        And it fits in your coach bags nicely.

Comment

Originally posted by lo3oz View Post
          And it fits in your coach bags nicely.
          i prefer the louis from traders village!

god bless.
          It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

I didn't read the entire thread to see if it was mentioned, but I carry a Micro Desert Eagle when I carry a .380. Its heavier then most, but it is quite a nice pistol. I wouldn't use it as a range gun for any reason just due to the size though. After 12 rounds your hand wont feel too great anymore.

Comment

Give a S&W Airweight a try. I am never without one.

If revolvers are not your thing then you can't go wrong with a Bersa thunder or a Ruger LCP. CZ-82s are also a very good choice. I tend to steer clear of single action .380s but if they work for you then there are some really good choices out there.
              Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Like the poster above I carry a S&W Airweight. However I see you are looking for a 380. I used to have a Bersa Thunder, great little gun and easy to shoot.

Comment

Originally posted by svo855 View Post
                  Give a S&W Airweight a try. I am never without one.

If revolvers are not your thing then you can't go wrong with a Bersa thunder or a Ruger LCP. CZ-82s are also a very good choice. I tend to steer clear of single action .380s but if they work for you then there are some really good choices out there.
                  I'm not certain why a single action .380 would bother you if it's in a pocket holster.

I'd much rather have the better shootability of something like a Sig p238 over an LCP, even with the slight weight penalty.

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
                    I'm not certain why a single action .380 would bother you if it's in a pocket holster.

I'd much rather have the better shootability of something like a Sig p238 over an LCP, even with the slight weight penalty.

Cocked and Locked in my pocket doesn't work for me. I used to pocket carry a Colt Mustang and it had a tendency for the safety to get turned off while in my pocket. I tried several different holsters and still had the same problem. For me little pocket guns are too small to reliably chamber a round when scared out of my mind so I prefer DA only or DA/SA pocket pistols. My daily carry is a Hi-Power in a Caldwell Gunleather holster and a J frame body guard in a Don Hume pocket holster. In cold weather I carry a G20 instead of the Hi-Power.
                    Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

I have the Ruger LC9. I've never shot the LCP, does it have the long-ass trigger pull that the LC9 has??? It takes a while to get used to.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBeastAv View Post
                        I have the Ruger LC9. I've never shot the LCP, does it have the long-ass trigger pull that the LC9 has??? It takes a while to get used to.
                        yep.

god bless.

Comment

Originally posted by svo855 View Post
                          Cocked and Locked in my pocket doesn't work for me. I used to pocket carry a Colt Mustang and it had a tendency for the safety to get turned off while in my pocket. I tried several different holsters and still had the same problem. For me little pocket guns are too small to reliably chamber a round when scared out of my mind so I prefer DA only or DA/SA pocket pistols. My daily carry is a Hi-Power in a Caldwell Gunleather holster and a J frame body guard in a Don Hume pocket holster. In cold weather I carry a G20 instead of the Hi-Power.
                          I haven't played with many of the Mustangs, but the sigs have a very distinct safety. The safety on mine stays put just like it should. The plus side, is that when you actually have to fire it, it shoots like a well made firearm.

Originally posted by TheBeastAv View Post
                          The LC9 has a worse trigger than the LCP, by a good margin. The Kel Tec Pf9 has a vastly superior trigger than the LC9. It's shorter and crisper.

Comment

The Mustang and the P238 are the same gun I believe. I know that they use the same mags. I think that the safety problem is unique to me and to others that have as high a level of activity during the day as I do. Surefire flash lights also turn on in my pocket from all of the moving around that I do. The switches had to by swapped for a different style to keep that from happening but I never found a solution for the safety on the Mustangs.

Comment

Working...
                            X