Anytime Fitness?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anytime Fitness?

Anyone on here ever use Anytime Fitness? I have one right down the street (within a short run/walk distance) and been thinking about checking it out. I do a lot of running outside and that's pretty much it for me working out. I don't have much of anything to work out with at home and so I just do push-ups and crunches and that's about it.
    There's also a Gold's nearby, but not nearly as close, and I like the idea of a smaller club. There's also a Anytime Fitness out by my work in another city, so either one would be easy to use, and these clubs let you use any location without paying any extra fees.

For anyone that has used one of these clubs, I was mainly wondering what the monthly dues are like? They also have the option of paying all your dues up front, like for a year membership, etc.

HD Parts
    paul@maverickhd.com

They don't list their membership costs on the website. I don't like that. It says it's about the same as a monthly cellphone bill. I've never had a bill for less than $40 a month. If it's convenient and affordable, go for it. Otherwise, I'd get my ass to costco and get one of their 2-year 24hourfitness memberships for $300. There's really nothing wrong with big gyms other than from about 5pm-7pm they're a little too busy.
    "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

yeah, each location is independently owned and operated, so the costs differ.

And from what I've found out, you don't have to go through Costco to get that deal. My bud went to a 24hr Fitness and told them how much money he had to spend and asked what he could get. He paid $400 and got a 4 year membership.
      HD Parts
      paul@maverickhd.com

Comment

Anytime charges about $40/mo and has all of the same bs contract schemes to get you at the end of your membership that all the major gyms have. Just remember to give them written notice of your intent to end membership atleast 30 days out or they will keep billing, this applies everywhere. I've been a member at a lot of gyms and because of my experiences I will never let them auto bill me. You can usually get a discount for cash up front.

Anytime does cap the number of members per location based on the sqaure footage of the location. I suggest asking for a week trail membership to wherever you want to join and go at the time that you intend to work out to see how many people are there, and how well they clean. This will also give you a chance to see if they have all of the equipment that you can't live without.

Comment

The one on Beltline in Garland cost 32.00 a month. They have real nice equipment and stays clean.They cut deals if two or more people sign up. Its always good to talk to the owner of the franchise. They have the power to cut you the best deals. As far as equipment, they dont have the equipment if you wanted to get into body building but enough to get you in pretty good shape. They have mostly machines but their free weights are plenty for your average gym person.

not sure about the cap numbers though. I have never seen any of their locations with more than 5-10 people at a time. The way it works, the operating hours are from say 9-7. But you get a card issued to you so you can still enter the building (or any other location) any time you want. They have a moniter device so if you try to sneak somebody in for a free work out, they charge you a hefty fee for that person. Each card has its own ID number. ..........

On another note, Planet Fitness has a deal where for something like 22.00 a month, you get unlimited use of any facility. But if you stick to your home location (where you signed up), you can bring 1 person every single day for free. They dont care if its the same person every time. Its like 2 for the price of one. Down side is they do close like at 9 or 10.
          Originally posted by mutherjuggz
          That whole "making love" shit is for the birds. I won't get all graphic on my preferences, but if you can't knock the bottom out with a vengeance.... leave me alone

Comment

anytime is a good ym and i've beed a member for years. each one is privately owned so the prices vary. they are smaller gyms but most have very good equiptment and i like that when i travel i can still go to the gym in other cities and states.

Comment

Originally posted by Sinner View Post
              anytime is a good ym and i've beed a member for years. each one is privately owned so the prices vary. they are smaller gyms but most have very good equiptment and i like that when i travel i can still go to the gym in other cities and states.
              steve?
              Big Rooster Racing
              1985 Mustang GT

Comment

Originally posted by Josh.0 View Post
                steve?
                hmmm, no

Comment

Originally posted by Sinner View Post
                  I didnt start seeing these until last year. How long have they been around?
                  Originally posted by mutherjuggz
                  That whole "making love" shit is for the birds. I won't get all graphic on my preferences, but if you can't knock the bottom out with a vengeance.... leave me alone

Comment

at least for 5 years because i've been there that long, lol. don't go there expecting a big gym but it's just basic with good machines. no day care and it's open 24/7 so i've liked it.

Comment

Working...
                    X