Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Becky Oliver does unfriendly gun report...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
    Well, in the case of the guy that got shot when he's working in his yard, I'd have to agree - it isn't his fault.
    But you can't arbitrarily blame the gun range. Probable? Ya. But definite? No.

But to the point I'm making, it's like buying a house and not getting the flood plain report, then suing the Army Corp of Engineers when the river takes your house away.
    "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Good point, helo. My favorite gun room down here had to move their range because a lady bought the house next door, and complained until the county ordered them to. Her house is in full view of their shop, and they live across the street from the shop. Her tactic for demonstrating the danger presented by the gun range was to get on her horse, and ride down to the fence, next to the firing line, so no one could shoot. Her fence ran along the range, if that explains it better.
      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

To me, that's a sad story Yale.
        Originally posted by MR EDD
        U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
          Good point, helo. My favorite gun room down here had to move their range because a lady bought the house next door, and complained until the county ordered them to. Her house is in full view of their shop, and they live across the street from the shop. Her tactic for demonstrating the danger presented by the gun range was to get on her horse, and ride down to the fence, next to the firing line, so no one could shoot. Her fence ran along the range, if that explains it better.
          So there was no burm or anything seperating her property from the ranges? She could go up to her fence line and look straight downrange at the shooters?

Thats what I dont understand, I would think as a range owner one of the most basic responsibilities is making sure rounds arent being sent out of the range and into the public. Either with the use of berms, concrete (as in indoors), enough land, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Lason View Post
            So there was no burm or anything seperating her property from the ranges? She could go up to her fence line and look straight downrange at the shooters?

Thats what I dont understand, I would think as a range owner one of the most basic responsibilities is making sure rounds arent being sent out of the range and into the public. Either with the use of berms, concrete (as in indoors), enough land, etc.
            I think this is where concessions should be made by the owner. Yeah, however many years ago there may not have been a real need. Maybe no housing/whatever in a 30 mile radius.

I don't expect gun ranges to be shutdown because housing popped up around them. I just think the owners should take reasonable precautions. If for no other reason, than for their own liability.
            Originally posted by MR EDD
            U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
              I think this is where concessions should be made by the owner. Yeah, however many years ago there may not have been a real need. Maybe no housing/whatever in a 30 mile radius.

I don't expect gun ranges to be shutdown because housing popped up around them. I just think the owners should take reasonable precautions. If for no other reason, than for their own liability.
              No, I dont think any established buisness should shut down because people move into the area. Ranges or any other buisness's (ie, jerry world shutting strip clubs down). But saftey should be a ranges top priority and I just cant fathom not having some kind of berm or something behind the target area. Thats just plain irresponsibility.

Comment

Working...
              X