Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This guy is a little goofy..but he has good info

Comment

What about side planks? Those seemed to work the best for me and made me the most sore. Well, back when i was working out that is.

Comment

Stabilization work is beneficial for many reasons. Ab wheels and planks should be used, I just left them out because the focus seemed to be more about visibility.

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
          This guy is a little goofy..but he has good info
          I think goofy is an under statment, haha. He did offer up a lot of good information though, thanks for sharing.

And I don't mean to sound so vain, but I know an athlete is going to have different structure to their core muscles than someone who is working out without a sport or function in mind.
          An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come.

-Victor Hugo

Comment

Originally posted by Josh.0 View Post
            work your core everyday you workout, thats what I do anyway.....
            Abdominal muscles use the same nerves and muscle tissues the rest of your body uses. You need to give them rest if you want them to grow/strengthen optimally.

Comment

Originally posted by tex View Post
              Crunches offer very little functional effect, and put a lot of pressure on the lumbar spine.
              Are you sure you mean crunches and not sit-ups? Proper crunches put very little pressure on your lumbar spine. Even when done improperly, the pressure tends to be put on cervical section of the spine as opposed to the lumbar (people cranking their neck in too far).

To amend that, with proper crunches I mean raising your chest/shoulders up toward the ceiling as opposed to curving toward your legs like a half sit-up.
              Last edited by exlude; 12-29-2010, 10:22 PM.

Comment

The P90X ab workout is pretty good. Not the hardest but covers everything.

Comment

Working...
                X