Saw a Harley yesterday....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Downs View Post
    Ah the V-rod. Quite possibly the WORST bike I have ever ridden in my life.
    Tell us how you really feel, srysly....
    .....bro....

Comment

I rode the street rod version or whatever the hell they called the one with rear set pegs and drag bars.

The bars were WAY too narrow which translated to massive effort to steer the bike and made handling at lower speeds (i.e. parking lots and whatnot) a pain in the ass.

The brakes sucked and felt like they were made of wood. Stopping the bike took planning and lots of lever and pedal effort to get it to slow down.

Rode like total shit. Very rough and bucky almost like there was not even a suspension there like it was like riding on a piece of plywood being drug behind a truck.

For a "power cruiser" it didn't feel that damn powerful and this is coming from a guy that rides a lot of mid displacement bikes.

I'm not a cruiser guy at all and I'd much rather be on a nightster or something like that than V-rod. The only thing that aggravates me about the nighster is the tiny little fuel tanks.
      2004 Suzuki DL650
      1996 Hy-Tek Hurricane 103

Comment

I rode the street rod version or whatever the hell they called the one with rear set pegs and drag bars.

The bars were WAY too narrow which translated to massive effort to steer the bike and made handling at lower speeds (i.e. parking lots and whatnot) a pain in the ass.

The brakes sucked and felt like they were made of wood. Stopping the bike took planning and lots of lever and pedal effort to get it to slow down.

Rode like total shit. Very rough and bucky almost like there was not even a suspension there like it was like riding on a piece of plywood being drug behind a truck.

For a "power cruiser" it didn't feel that damn powerful and this is coming from a guy that rides a lot of mid displacement bikes.

I'm not a cruiser guy at all and I'd much rather be on a nightster or something like that than V-rod. The only thing that aggravates me about the nighster is the tiny little fuel tanks.

so, you rode an older version. They now have Brembo brakes and have the 1250cc motor.

went to the demo day yesterday at longhorn and rode a new Street Bob. Actually liked it and have been looking around at them now. the one I rode looked like this:

that bike with those wheels, black denim paint, black exhaust, and the blacked out motor would be awesome.
        HD Parts
        paul@maverickhd.com

Comment

VRods are great bikes and really hold up well. Engines are good to 100k and they handle well for a Harley. They are pretty quick but not down right fast. Plus the handling at the higher speeds is good for a cruiser but not fantastic. If you are use to riding sport bikes there is no comparison but they are great for someone that wants something different and plenty of speed. I liked my VRod better then the 07 Vmaxx I had. The Vmaxx was a little smoother but the Vrod just rode better all around. Plus the VMaxx had a lot of head shake up top. My next bike will be a 02-06 turbo VRod. You can get great deal on them if you look around and the 02-03 all silver bikes just look bad ass to me. It will not replace my Electra but I think it will be a nice addition. My brakes were rock solid on mine and the handling was fine. It all depends on what you are looking for. I wanted a cruiser with tunes or I would still have my first VRod. When I want something super fast that handles and stops on a dime I will eventually buy a RC8. I think that will be a nice selection to pick from. You really have to put some miles on a VRod to get a good feel for them. I had a 06 Vulcan 1600 and the Vmaxx right around the time when I had the VRod and I just liked the VRod a lot more.
          Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by A+ View Post
            Walked in to HD in garland and saw this Bitch right here. Then I ran out. White denim.is what they call it. I don't think I've ever wanted something more than I want this bike...
            Vrods are kickass but Im biased

Only issue is they are the stepchildren of Harley and the Muscle which you posted is the stepchild of the vrod world, lol. I love my Night Rod Special though!

Comment

Working...
            X