Kelp Noodles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kelp Noodles

I've been wanting to try these things for a while now, but could never find them anywhere. I've tried all the organic and healthy grocery stores in my area. They are like spaghetti or rice noodles, but made from kelp.

Here is some info on them http://www.kelpnoodles.com/products_...e_noodles.html

Check out the nutritional info, awesome! They are basically calorie free, and carb free since they only have 1 gram of carbs but also 1 gram of fiber.

I finally found them today, one retailer in Dallas sells them. Natural Grocers at Forest and Preston. I picked up a couple packages and will try them next week. Also, this store is awesome! I eat organic as much as possible and they have a great selection and fantastic prices.

They are supposed to be tasteless, they just take on whatever flavor you add to them. I'm gonna just eat them with some organic spaghetti sauce and mushrooms.

Has anyone heard of these or tried them before?

Comment

Nope, but if they're Asian, I'm sure you can find them at Asian grocers for less than what you paid at the goddamned vegan store.
      How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

hmmm. May have to try these. You should check out Quinoa, also very good tasting and healthy.

Ded

Comment

Originally posted by vadertt
          hmmm. May have to try these. You should check out Quinoa, also very good tasting and healthy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quinoa
          Quinoa is excellent. It's pretty much completely replaced rice for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Geor!
            Nope, but if they're Asian, I'm sure you can find them at Asian grocers for less than what you paid at the goddamned vegan store.
            I shop at Asian grocers all the time, they don't have them unfortunately. At least the few I've checked.

Comment

Originally posted by vadertt

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quinoa
              Yup, I have some at home, I like it. I use it for stuffed peppers.

Comment

Should change this thread title to- healthy food that doesn't taste like shit thread.
                Ded

Comment

Forgot that I had some quinoa leftover from Saturday. Just had that for lunch.

Comment

I tried some of these tonight, I bought two packs, the regular and organic green tea.

I put a handful of the green tea noodles on top of my salad, it was awesome! They have the strangest texture, kinda like al dente pasta, but with a crisp that reminds me of biting into an apple. It's weird because they are not crunchy, and they're limp like cooked spaghetti noodles. They taste like nothing, and made my salad much more filling, while only adding a few calories.

Highly recommended, I'm gonna try some with spaghetti sauce and broccoli tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                    X