Old MX bikes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old MX bikes

Anybody still have an old two stroke? I recently got an '81 KX420 running and remembered how damn dangerous these things felt.
    From what I can tell it has somewhere just under 40lbft of torque when you crack the throttle. Its a spin or wheelie kind of situation and the drum brakes are downright exciting, lol.

i wish i had my 84 CR250 back from time to time.

Comment

Originally posted by SMKR View Post
      i wish i had my 84 CR250 back from time to time.

I remember those being badass bikes, well rounded and super competitive for the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo View Post
        I remember those being badass bikes, well rounded and super competitive for the time.
        yea, I can remember the first time I rode it, man, it felt wicked fast.

Comment

i had that same bike when i was about 14. it demanded respect.
          http://dfwdirtriders.com/ New Website for the off road peeps

Comment

Originally posted by SNEAKY View Post
            i had that same bike when i was about 14. it demanded respect.
            The KX or the CR? Damn, you were a big 14 year old. I had a kx125 and thought it was big enough, lol.

Comment

I had an 84 Cagiva WMX125 back in the day. It was pretty fast for a 125 but it was almost impossible to find parts for it.

Comment

The KX or the CR? Damn, you were a big 14 year old. I had a kx125 and thought it was big enough, lol.
                yea before I got that 250 this kid in the neighborhood had one of these YZ80s that would beat every 125 in our area:

he said it had all sorts of work done to it, and it did, but he finally went down when i got my 250. That thing sure put the fear in me though a few times- good times.

Comment

here is what my '88 RM125 looked like:

I remember the first race I ever raced on it was at Mosier Valley, the gate was about to drop and it died on me lol, man, talk about good times.

Comment

i miss my old bulltaco alpina. i had a guy give it to me for cleaning out his garage when i was 13...
                    first class white trash

Comment

Not a 2 stroke or motorcross bike... but I put around the farm on a 1982 Yamaha XT250. Has just over 1000 miles on it. It is kind of rough looking though since it sat in an open face barn for years with no protection from the sun. Still a blast to ride.

Looks just like this except no turn signals and taillight broke off thanks to brother in law.
                      www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Originally posted by mustangguy289 View Post
                        Not a 2 stroke or motorcross bike... but I put around the farm on a 1982 Yamaha XT250. Has just over 1000 miles on it. It is kind of rough looking though since it sat in an open face barn for years with no protection from the sun. Still a blast to ride.

Looks just like this except no turn signals and taillight broke off thanks to brother in law.
                        Thats awesome, I rode a friends old XL and really enjoyed it. I bet its actually nice to ride.

I've never owned a oil burner bigger than a 250, this 420 would never do, as a around the farm bike. All the material is gone out of the can, so between the noise and the power delivery it makes putting around nearly impossible.

Comment

Thats awesome, I rode a friends old XL and really enjoyed it. I bet its actually nice to ride.

I've never owned a oil burner bigger than a 250, this 420 would never do, as a around the farm bike. All the material is gone out of the can, so between the noise and the power delivery it makes putting around nearly impossible.
                          It is a blast. I have no issue getting up to 50-55 around the farm before I run out of room. Any kind of jump sucks though.
                          www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

the KX. i have been 6' since 7th grade. i did not say i rode it on a track. it was more of a cow-patty cross. i did have to get it rolling to kick it over.
                            http://dfwdirtriders.com/ New Website for the off road peeps

Comment

Originally posted by SNEAKY View Post
                              the KX. i have been 6' since 7th grade. i did not say i rode it on a track. it was more of a cow-patty cross. i did have to get it rolling to kick it over.
                              yeah I have to do the hard lean over to kick this one. Thats a lot of bike for a 14yr old, respect or fear, maybe both are necessary, new 4strokes are way faster, just not as hairy, lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X