• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
    06?

Yup. Old by today's standards.

Comment

my 03 cr is old and i still like riding it as much as my new 13...

Comment

I had two 1972 Honda xl250's...rode it at rrmt one time.

Comment

Originally posted by FastFord19 View Post
          I had two 1972 Honda xl250's...rode it at rrmt one time.

With those tires??

Comment

That's just a random picture from google.

Comment

gotcha.

Comment

I had an 85 Rm125, brought it from a friend that bought it from another friend. Ended up having to put a rod in it, new cylinder, piston, rings, etc. Bought a rear shock from Bates and was able to have a local buddy use parts from the original and used 1 to build a good one. Went through the front forks, added a DG works Pipe and silencer, did a little port work on the cylinder and rode the crap out of it. Traded it off, after I bought a 94 yz125 basket case and rebuilt it, for a Polaris Scrambler that need a bunch of little things fixed and then sold it off. Found the RM on Craigslist local to me about a week ago doing some randomn searching. Looks pretty much like when I owned it other than someone painted some plastic black. The kid I originally traded it to trashed the rod the second or third day after we swapped, after sitting for a couple years in boxes he finally gave me the money to put it back together. He rode it a couple times and sold or traded it to what I assume is the craigslist seller. It had nothing for bottom end but always ran well on the pipe. I rode Rocky Ridge, Red River Motorcycle Trails (Bulcher, TX), Lake Murray, and the local hiking trails on a regular basis.

We also have a 76 Mr175 Elsinore with @ 1400 miles and a 76 Mr250 Elsinore with 146 miles. Pics of the 175 Cleaned up.

and the link to the suzuki

Attached Files
                Last edited by shumpertdavid; 12-22-2017, 12:05 AM.

Comment

Never in the past could you ride a 10 year old mx bike like you could a new one but that has seemed to change.

Comment

Guy I knew growing up had a PE465...Rode that thing once. It was a handful

Comment

Originally posted by Big pappa pump View Post
                      i still have my 81 yz60 from when i was kid.
                      Friend of mine had a same year RM60. Kid in the neighborhood had a yz and the smack talk would commence. Both were pretty beastly for what they were.

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                        Friend of mine had a same year RM60. Kid in the neighborhood had a yz and the smack talk would commence. Both were pretty beastly for what they were.
                        it was my friends bike, then his dad got him a mid 80's kx80, i would ride the yz and it sure felt nastier than the kx. it has some mild work done to it. some kid raced it before we got it. still have the original owners manual too. bike was bought from irving yamaha.

Comment

No one that I knew back then liked Kawasakis.

Comment

When I was little, the fastest thing in the neighborhood was a small wheel kx80. I remember wanting to beat it so bad.

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                              No one that I knew back then liked Kawasakis.
                              Regional thing? They were pretty damn popular in the mountains, especially when Jeff Ward started winning.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                                Regional thing? They were pretty damn popular in the mountains, especially when Jeff Ward started winning.
                                Local maybe. Perhaps in my neighborhood? I lived in Loveland in the late 70's through the 80's. Everyone owned YZ's or RM's... except me. I didn't have shit so I couldn't say shit.

Comment

Working...
                                X