My triceps hate me....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My triceps hate me....

As most of you know, I'm a little older than the average person here, but on Thursday I decided to to back/tri-s with a little enthusiasm.

I always do back first, and then hit the tri-s.

I stretch and do reverse grip bench first, and always start out light and work my way up.

135x8
    135x8
    185x8
    225x8
    225x8
    275x5
    275x5

And here's where I messed up. I went back down to 225 but.....

225x10
    225x10
    225x10

And then went to 50lb dumbbells for skull crushers.

50x8
    50x8
    50x8

Next was cable push downs. The stack is 250, but it probably weighs less

250x8
    250x8
    250x8

I was sore Friday, and still sore today.

When do we get tickets to the gun show?

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
      When do we get tickets to the gun show?
      I'm down to 218. Maybe at 210.

Comment

did they say FTP

Comment

Just a quick question. Why back and tris on the same day?
          "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Ya, I do biceps with back. Tris with chest.

Comment

Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
              Just a quick question. Why back and tris on the same day?
              Originally posted by Denny View Post
              Ya, I do biceps with back. Tris with chest.
              I used to to same groups, but found one group would be pre exhausted after finishing the other. This way I can work both groups when fresh and use more weight.

Comment

Originally posted by krazy kris View Post
                did they say FTP
                In their own way.

Comment

A lot of ppl are using back/tri and chest/bi.. more for the money, its like having two arm day in a week. Plus you can hit it a lot harder too.. So at the end of a back/tri, or chest/bi my arms are fully pumped along with my chest or back.

Comment

Originally posted by xYoung347x View Post
                    A lot of ppl are using back/tri and chest/bi.. more for the money, its like having two arm day in a week. Plus you can hit it a lot harder too.. So at the end of a back/tri, or chest/bi my arms are fully pumped along with my chest or back.
                    And doing chest/tri, and back/bi is like having one arm day a week? I've talked to multiple trainers at work and a back and tri day just doesn't make sense. Muscles get stronger when they repair. And while you can kill back and tri's in one day, it's gonna take a lot longer than doing chest and tri's. Muscles that support eachother. I don't wanna tell anybody that they're workout is wrong, because at least they're working out, but it could definitely be more efficient.

Comment

And doing chest/tri, and back/bi is like having one arm day a week? I've talked to multiple trainers at work and a back and tri day just doesn't make sense. Muscles get stronger when they repair. And while you can kill back and tri's in one day, it's gonna take a lot longer than doing chest and tri's. Muscles that support eachother. I don't wanna tell anybody that they're workout is wrong, because at least they're working out, but it could definitely be more efficient.
                      i used to do the back/bi and chest/tri thing, but like the other guys said, i get better results when i do back/tri and chest/bi. i think its better because you do a push pull combo instead of a pull pull or a push push.

Comment

Originally posted by jnobles06 View Post
                        i used to do the back/bi and chest/tri thing, but like the other guys said, i get better results when i do back/tri and chest/bi. i think its better because you do a push pull combo instead of a pull pull or a push push.
                        You get better results how? You're able to lift more weight/tire out slower?

Comment

You get better results how? You're able to lift more weight/tire out slower?
                          No, you're able to lift a donut quicker and faster without any problems.
                          Originally posted by talisman
                          I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
                          Originally posted by AdamLX
                          If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
                          Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                          Because fuck you, that's why
                          Originally posted by 80coupe
                          nice dick, Idrivea4banger
                          Originally posted by Rick Modena
                          ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
                          Originally posted by Jester
                          Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

Originally posted by idrivea4banger View Post
                            No, you're able to lift a donut quicker and faster without any problems.
                            This is one of the few forums that I post in to be serious and for information. Not looking to make fun of cops. Especially when the thread was started by a cop that has no problem calling other cops out on their bullshit.

Comment

This is one of the few forums that I post in to be serious and for information. Not looking to make fun of cops. Especially when the thread was started by a cop that has no problem calling other cops out on their bullshit.
                              I agree and thank you and everyone that contributes to this section for this!
                              Hopefully this section of the forum continues to stay this way as well.

I can't help much from personal experience though... mainly because I just do one muscle group a day.

Comment

Working...
                              X