Bjj

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bjj

I'm interested in BJJ. I've never done it. But after being in the gym for so long, I'm getting tired of the usual routine.

I've read that JJ gives you a great work out, while learning something new. Does anyone attend North Dallas MMA?

If so, how do you like it? I'm completely new at this, and would like to hear some pointers.

Talk to steve. He does bjj and he is in that area.

i have been doing it at alvarezbjj in south arlington for the past 9 or 10 months and i really enjoy it.

good luck

Comment

Steve trains out of X-Factor MMA in Sachse. X-Factor is one of two locations in Texas that is a certfied Gracie Combatives teaching center. Whenever I get a few things squared away I'll begin training there, I've heard nothing but good things from this school.
      Originally posted by Jester
      Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
      He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
      Originally posted by Denny
      What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
      FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
        Steve trains out of X-Factor MMA in Sachse. X-Factor is one of two locations in Texas that is a certfied Gracie Combatives teaching center. Whenever I get a few things squared away I'll begin training there, I've heard nothing but good things from this school.
        isn't sachse up north of dallas?

oh and to the op. most places allow you a free trial class, so i would go check out a couple gyms before you sign a contract somewhere so you can make sure the school fits your needs.

Comment

Originally posted by jasone View Post
          isn't sachse up north of dallas?

oh and to the op. most places allow you a free trial class, so i would go check out a couple gyms before you sign a contract somewhere so you can make sure the school fits your needs.
          North East of Dallas, East of Plano.
          Originally posted by Jester
          Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
          He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
          Originally posted by Denny
          What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
          FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Originally posted by Gaber View Post
            I'm interested in BJJ. I've never done it. But after being in the gym for so long, I'm getting tired of the usual routine.

I've read that JJ gives you a great work out, while learning something new. Does anyone attend North Dallas MMA?

If so, how do you like it? I'm completely new at this, and would like to hear some pointers.
            Hey Gaber, BJJ is an amazing workout giving you cardio and strength training in a natural, useable way unlike working out with weights. In BJJ, you're stimulating muscles at all sorts of angles in positive and negative weighted situations. BJJ really strengthens your core (abs and back) as well.

BJJ isn't like alot of other martial arts in that we are able to train at almost full sparring mode in training (once you get passed the basics) without much worry of serious injury.

Arguably, BJJ is also the most practial single system of self defense there is considering most fights end up on the ground and can be easily taken there by an experienced ground fighter against your typical street fighter.

At XFactor, as mentioned above, we are a Gracie JJ training center, but more than that we are a full combative school as well teaching boxing, kickboxing, muai thai and wrestling. In addition to that, we are also adding special training for those interested in real world self defense. Taking all the of the techniques we have learned and applying real street applications to them along with the illegal techniques of MMA but much needed on the street. (groin strikes, eye gouges, fish hooks, whatever it takes)

Ndbjj is a good school, no doubt about that. I don't have anything bad to say about the school or the instructors there at all. I have heard some people complain that it can be abit rough at times there and kinda cliqish with the long termers there, but I think that can be said about alot of these type of places.

Keep in mind what you are getting into here, it's martial arts, its fighting, it's training yourself in uncomfortable situations to be comfortable in them. It's not ballet, if you don't like getting bumps and bruises, being sore and tired as hell, ballet class is down the street.

But if you don't mind these things, BJJ is amazing addition to anyone's life. Fitness, self defense, stress control etc.

If you want, you can come out to Xfactor tonight at 7:15pm and I will get you a free class and give you some free instruction myself tonight.

Just bring yourself out, don't wait while you are thinking about doing. So many people WANT to do it, SAY they are going to do it, but find it difficult to get themselves there. I promise, all you need to do is TRY IT, it's one of the most addicting things you can do that are healthy for you.

Steve

Comment

Thanks Steve. When I'm ready, which I will be, I will pm ya. I want to get into it atleast 3 nights a week. I just had my first born, so I've been busy in the evenings.

I will for sure contact you. Thanks for the response.

Comment

Originally posted by Gaber View Post
                Thanks Steve. When I'm ready, which I will be, I will pm ya. I want to get into it atleast 3 nights a week. I just had my first born, so I've been busy in the evenings.

I will for sure contact you. Thanks for the response.
                Anytime. If you have any questions at all regardless if you come by our school or not, I'd be glad to help you out anyway I can. You'll never regret taking up BJJ, it will change your life if you stick with it.

Comment

Jd Shelley is a fantastic instructor at ndbjj and a world champ at the no gi worlds thus year in his division.

Go drop in and try a class at both places and weigh your options of what works best as sachse may be further.

Where do you live? Octagon mma is another school in Dallas with a multiple time world champ Bruno bastos teaching.

But as Steve said start asap. If you have any questions post up as there are people who train. After you get started let me know if you want to drop by to grapple, got mats at my house and some guys and I have been grappling Friday nights and Sundays.

Comment

Originally posted by Nate View Post
                    After you get started let me know if you want to drop by to grapple, got mats at my house and some guys and I have been grappling Friday nights and Sundays.
                    Thanks for the invite bro..geez.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                      Thanks for the invite bro..geez.
                      You live on the other side of the planet haha. Want to fight thru rush hour traffic to be there about 7 Friday?

Comment

You live on the other side of the planet haha. Want to fight thru rush hour traffic to be there about 7 Friday?
                        Fridays work for me most of the time. The wife usually gets off work at noon if she goes into the office at all. I'll give you a text when I find out what time she'll be home.

Gi or Nogi?

Comment

I prefer gi. I will let you know later in the week what's going on.

Bruno bastos 1/2 guard seminar Saturday if you want to make it out for that.

Comment

I prefer gi. I will let you know later in the week what's going on.

Bruno bastos 1/2 guard seminar Saturday if you want to make it out for that.
                            Nogi > Gi

Comment

Gi = chess
                              No gi = checkers jk

Comment

Working...
                              X