No announcement yet.

Damn my shoulder is sore!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

200 rounds of 00 buck would have me in the emergency room. Shit packs a whollop! Not as bad as shooting 12g slugs, but much worse than some bird.
    How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Originally posted by Geor! View Post
      200 rounds of 00 buck would have me in the emergency room. Shit packs a whollop! Not as bad as shooting 12g slugs, but much worse than some bird.
      You should try one of these-

The green shell is a normal 12 gauge round of 00 buck. The tall shell is a 10 gauge slug I use to hunt deer. I would pay for trublu's ammo if he would run his next shotgun course with a 10 gauge
      Originally posted by lincolnboy
      After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

The shotgun course was always my favorite to shoot in the military. It's only 15 rounds of 00 buck though, but someone is gonna count your BB hits on the three targets when you are done.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post

The green shell is a normal 12 gauge round of 00 buck. The tall shell is a 10 gauge slug I use to hunt deer. I would pay for trublu's ammo if he would run his next shotgun course with a 10 gauge
          My uncle had a goose gun he'd get all of us to shoot. Felt like a mule kicked me in the chest when it went off. Fun to see what that slug does to an old stove.

Comment

Originally posted by bitter jose View Post
            Were you shooting reduced recoil loads?
            Not RR, this stuff:

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post

The second suicide I ever worked I was still in training. A kid from TCU went down to Service Merchandice, bought a single shot 10 guage shotgun and a box of 3.5" Magnum T-shot.

He sat in his Honda Prelude and put the gun between his legs. He put his forehead on the end of the barrel and pushed the trigger with his right thumb.

He was decapitated. The top of his head was resting in the back of the car and looked like an ash tray.

Comment

I'm still 160, no bon-bons for me. I'll run the course in davids absence. I'd actually really like to!

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
                  That is a little cheaper than I got my reduced recoil federal 12ga buckshot for. I put 9rounds of the reduced recoil through my Mossberg out at Alpine on their 50yrd range. Even at 50 yards i shot through the 2x4 upper horizontal target post. They asked me to stop after the had to replace it.

Matt there is nothing better than shooting someone elses ammo and getting paid to do it.
                  Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

i would love to try that. damn cops have all the fun.

god bless.
                    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                      That is a little cheaper than I got my reduced recoil federal 12ga buckshot for. I put 9rounds of the reduced recoil through my Mossberg out at Alpine on their 50yrd range. Even at 50 yards i shot through the 2x4 upper horizontal target post. They asked me to stop after the had to replace it.

Matt there is nothing better than shooting someone elses ammo and getting paid to do it.
                      wow, alpine telling a customer to stop doing something? Crazy.
                      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Wow. I was just sitting here discussing with my boss how next year I'd like to take a Tactical Shotgunning course. I've been considering USSA up in Tulsa, or maybe driving to Utah to Crusader Weaponry.

Then I check the board and see this thread. Awesome!

Sounds like you had a good time.
                        Matts1911SA - XBox Live Gamertag

Comment

It was fun, but there is a tactical breaching course that I'd like to go to.

Comment

Originally posted by NTexas_V-Star View Post
                            Wow. I was just sitting here discussing with my boss how next year I'd like to take a Tactical Shotgunning course. I've been considering USSA up in Tulsa, or maybe driving to Utah to Crusader Weaponry.

Then I check the board and see this thread. Awesome!

Sounds like you had a good time.
                            Just go to Tac Pro. They have a class on everything.
                            ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

My dad has a little single shot shotgun that is very light and has no padding on the stock. I have shot 3" mag slugs out of that a few times and it was like getting kicked in the shoulder by a horse.

Comment

200 rounds of 00? Damn, I would imagine you are pretty sure. That's got some serious kick.

Comment

Working...
                                X