Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official DFWMustangs Mountain Bike thread, sponsored by Brawndo, Osiris and Dos Equis

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I said good day, sir

Comment

• If anyone is bored on a Tuesday evening and are near plano come out and check out the Creek Crosss Cyclocross race tonight and every tuesday.

If you Don't have USAC license it's $10 and $15 per race.

Comment

• How did I miss this thread?
        Rachel McAdams nude pics

Comment

• Originally posted by mustang_marc View Post
          How did I miss this thread?
          It's only been here for months.

If you were prepared and actually had tires on your bike and didnt break your mountain bike and left your house on time you would know.

Just sayin

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Beej View Post
              It's only been here for months.

If you were prepared and actually had tires on your bike and didnt break your mountain bike and left your house on time you would know.

Just sayin
              I left my house in time...in plenty of time. I'd have never expected it to take me 45 mins to go down Bush from 35 to 75.
              Rachel McAdams nude pics

Comment

• Originally posted by mustang_marc View Post
                I left my house in time...in plenty of time. I'd have never expected it to take me 45 mins to go down Bush from 35 to 75.
                at 5:00, in traffic, no, never

Comment

• So, any of you guys riding Northshore lately? I became interested in starting to ride after viewing this thread a while back. I have about 5-600 miles on my Goblin over the last few months. Really enjoying it. If anyone wants to ride out there, let me know.

Comment

• I usually ride on Thursday evenings out there. As cross season calms down and it gets too cold and dark to road ride I will be riding much more dirt.

Comment

• So I bought a bike and have ridden it for an hour at a time the past 2 days. From what Iv read its going to take a few weeks before my butt gets use to the saddle. At what point should I consider buying a new seat, and how the hell do I pick out a new seat? There's a couple hundred different styles and range from $20-300.

Comment

• Saddles are very personal. The best thing you can do is just ride what you got for a bit. A bike shop can measure your sit bones and figure out what width works best for you. At that point the best thing you can do is try some different saddles out. Most shops have loaner saddles you can try, or have a return policy you can use as long as you don't mess up what you got. Try a few out and figure out which one works best for you.

Good shorts or bibs will go a long way for comfort too.

Comment

• i have a friend who has a track bike as his only mode of transportation. his advice is to find an online website that has a test trial with a bunch of different seats. they send you 10 different saddles all a little different and you have a week to pick a style, then you send all back and buy the exact style you like the most. i forgot the website(competitive cycles maybe?) but it costs $50-75.. good thing is they give you a discount if you buy a seat from them. he has gone through about 5 saddles but that was buying one, then another, then another and so on. this was you can find out the best style for you and go from there instead of buying or renting one seat to see if you like it

Comment

• I went to go ride today and had my first flat on the rear. Brought back memories of when I was a kid and how much it would piss me off to have a flat so I ran solid rubber tires back then. What are my options to keep the flats at a minimum? Go tubeless, tire sealant, better tubes/tires, just patch it?

Comment

• i have yet to hear anyone say got a flat with these

Flat tires are the bane of an urban cyclist’s existence. For years manufacturers have been making flat resistant tires, using all..

i have a set of 700x35c on my volume thrasher

Comment

• Originally posted by stephen4785 View Post
                                I went to go ride today and had my first flat on the rear. Brought back memories of when I was a kid and how much it would piss me off to have a flat so I ran solid rubber tires back then. What are my options to keep the flats at a minimum? Go tubeless, tire sealant, better tubes/tires, just patch it?

Go tubeless. youtube ghetto tubeless if you don't have tubeless rims. I have had good success with running gorilla tape/stans in mine. Have several hundred miles with no problems.

I ran a night ride the other night at North Shore for the first time. It was an added level of difficulty. I took my time, but still managed over 8mph for 12 miles. It was pretty fun.

Comment

Working...
                                X