Saw a Harley yesterday....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saw a Harley yesterday....

and it made me want one. Ive been searching through the Harley website and i cant find it, which leads me to believe that it might have been a custom build. The bike was a flat black color and it didnt look very big. Now i dont know much about bikes so i guess the back fender, had its taillights built into it and the gas tank resembled an f-117 nighthawk. If it makes a difference, i saw it exiting off 635, i assume he was going to the HD store.
    .....bro....

Iron 883?

Comment

Sportster nightster (sp) ?
      The only difference between a tax man and a taxidermist is that the taxidermist leaves the skin. -- Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Reefer Rae View Post
        Sportster nightster (sp) ?
        That's what I was trying to think of.

Comment

i think thats what mike//grove rat rides.

god bless.
          It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

i saw the nightster and the iron bike but they dont have the gas tank. this gas tank wasnt your typical rounded tank. It had some different shape to it. The tank still said harley on it though..
            Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
            i think thats what mike//grove rat rides.

god bless.
            i think this guy was white and he was rolling with an older gentleman ahead of him.
            .....bro....

Comment

Probably an OCC chopper.

Comment

Originally posted by A+ View Post
                i saw the nightster and the iron bike but they dont have the gas tank. this gas tank wasnt your typical rounded tank. It had some different shape to it. The tank still said harley on it though..

i think this guy was white and he was rolling with an older gentleman ahead of him.
                Sportster '48 most likely. has a different peanut tank.
                HD Parts
                paul@maverickhd.com

Comment

Vrod?
                  "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Im gonna go to the Harley store off 635 today to look around. Man that bike was sweet......i think it was a vrod, just a different HD tank

sent from my Zach Morris phone
                    .....bro....

Comment

Originally posted by A+ View Post
                      Im gonna go to the Harley store off 635 today to look around. Man that bike was sweet......i think it was a vrod, just a different HD tank

sent from my Zach Morris phone
                      the Vrod gas tank is under the rider seat. The airbox is over the motor with a tin covering it.
                      HD Parts
                      paul@maverickhd.com

Comment

Probably a Vrod as the iron 883 posted above and the nightster are nearly identical just wheels engine covers and buckshot belt guard instead of the solid one on the iron and of course the 1200 engine but if you like the black engine cases and the wheels on the iron better you can buy an iron and have Harley do the 1200 conversion and it's cheaper then a nightster FYI just food for thought. The 48 is very similar to the iron above but has a 2.5 gallon tank instead of 3.3 on the iron/nightster also has forward controls and a drag style bar and flat mounted speedo instead of angled back like the other sportys. Also has a flat springer style seat without the springs. I myself ride a chrome yellow Iron with drag bars blinker/tail light visors the 48 front signal relocation kit (puts the signal lights on the forks instead of on the handle bars) screaming eagle intake demon cycle drag pipes a screaming eagle race fueler (serf) and silencer grips and love it. The v-rod is not air cooled it has a radiator which is my main turn off with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Armedtrigger01 View Post
                          Probably a Vrod as the iron 883 posted above and the nightster are nearly identical just wheels engine covers and buckshot belt guard instead of the solid one on the iron and of course the 1200 engine but if you like the black engine cases and the wheels on the iron better you can buy an iron and have Harley do the 1200 conversion and it's cheaper then a nightster FYI just food for thought. The 48 is very similar to the iron above but has a 2.5 gallon tank instead of 3.3 on the iron/nightster also has forward controls and a drag style bar and flat mounted speedo instead of angled back like the other sportys. Also has a flat springer style seat without the springs. I myself ride a chrome yellow Iron with drag bars blinker/tail light visors the 48 front signal relocation kit (puts the signal lights on the forks instead of on the handle bars) screaming eagle intake demon cycle drag pipes a screaming eagle race fueler (serf) and silencer grips and love it. The v-rod is not air cooled it has a radiator which is my main turn off with it.
                          Your main turn off is the biggest plus. lol

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
                            Your main turn off is the biggest plus. lol
                            Oh I know water cooled is better and more efficient but have always liked the clean look of just the motor and nothing getting in the way of it. I have always been a form over function kind of person.

Comment

Originally posted by Armedtrigger01 View Post
                              Oh I know water cooled is better and more efficient but have always liked the clean look of just the motor and nothing getting in the way of it. I have always been a form over function kind of person.
                              Not getting hot in traffic is a good thing, imho
                              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Working...
                              X