six pack ab routine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• six pack ab routine

First off, let me say I have my diet in check, even through the holidays. I am sitting at about 15% BF and I am really cracking down on my workouts.

I am just looking for something that really rips up the core.

I have been doing crunches and variations of crunches as well as Roman Twists, planks, other core workouts along with Ab Ripper X twice a week.

I feel like these are making a difference but I just want to know what has really worked great for those of you that have six packs already.

I have been an athlete my whole life but never really took dieting seriously enough to have cut up abs so I am making my big change now that I have a nutrition business.

I found this website and I think I may go with it, what do the experts here think?

TIA
    An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come.

-Victor Hugo

Wen I did work out I love doing weighted crunch. A lot of work out envolve the abs.

Comment

work your core everyday you workout, thats what I do anyway.....
      Big Rooster Racing
      1985 Mustang GT

Comment

ONLY WAY TO GET YOUR ABS TO SHOW IS GET YOUR BODY FAT DOWN. Abs are made in the kitchen and on the tread mill.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FunFordCobra View Post
          ONLY WAY TO GET YOUR ABS TO SHOW IS GET YOUR BODY FAT DOWN. Abs are made in the kitchen and on the tread mill.
          Amen, but most people don't believe it!

Comment

Originally posted by stangin4lyfe View Post
            Amen, but most people don't believe it!
            They also think squatting is bad for you, curls are the best way to make your arms bigger, and crunches are good for you.

Comment

Originally posted by tex View Post
              They also think squatting is bad for you, curls are the best way to make your arms bigger, and crunches are good for you.

Crunches are bad for you?

Comment

Originally posted by FunFordCobra View Post
                Please read first sentence.

-Victor Hugo

Comment

I get the best results doing GHD situps, I bought a roman chair for the house just for these.

Ab workouts are important, but so is diet and cardio.

Comment

Originally posted by BERT View Post
                    Crunches are bad for you?
                    Crunches offer very little functional effect, and put a lot of pressure on the lumbar spine.
                    Originally posted by 0 GT 2 View Post
                    Please read first sentence.
                    If you're 15%BF, your diet isn't dialed in. You may not be eating clean enough, or you may be eating too much, but that's still the first thing you should address. If you don't want to tighten your diet, do like I do, put more work in. But be careful, if you scale back on the work, weight piles on quick.

There is a HUGE difference in effective midsection work, and visible abs, and they have little to nothing to do with one another.

Comment

curls are the best way to make your arms bigger,
                      What is?
                      Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                      HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by That_Is_My_El_Camino View Post
                        What is?
                        Triceps account for roughly 60% of the muscle mass on the upper arm.

Comment

Triceps account for roughly 60% of the muscle mass on the upper arm.
                          LOL, I knew that. I learned it about the same time that I learned that you swing with your triceps, not biceps.
                          Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                          HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

If you're 15%BF, your diet isn't dialed in. You may not be eating clean enough, or you may be eating too much, but that's still the first thing you should address. If you don't want to tighten your diet, do like I do, put more work in. But be careful, if you scale back on the work, weight piles on quick.

There is a HUGE difference in effective midsection work, and visible abs, and they have little to nothing to do with one another.
                            That's down 4% in 4 weeks. I didn't feel like writing out a whole back story but I lost 30 pounds without working out and just sat there for 4 months. Recently I cracked back down on my diet and started working out 6 days a week and got my BF down to where it is.

When I pitched I worked out for functional strength but now I am looking for workouts that improve the look since I am not going to be participating in any competitive sports anymore.

I am 6'3" 190 and my strength isn't where it was when I was playing baseball, but my body fat is much lower and what muscles I do have are already showing better.

Like I said in the initial post, I'm just looking for core/ab exercises that will offer maximum results (rather than pumping out crunch after crunch 7 days a week).

-Victor Hugo

Comment

Alright, sounds like you're on the right track. The way you worded your first post made it sound like you've been sitting around 15% and consider that dialed in.

If you're wanting to build size and strength in your midsection, there is nothing better than heavy front squats, overhead work, and hanging leg raises (not to parallel, but feet to hands). Definition depends on 2 factors, size of muscle, and BF%. You either have to cut more weight, or increase size in order to show more definition, it's pretty simple.

Comment

Working...
                              X