2002 V-rod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Adam View Post
    Pretty much. Torquey bikes are more fun to ride in a "sane" manner. And all that really means is I won't go 180mph. I'll just get to 90mph really quick. Lol
    That's not a kick in the nuts, IMO. I enjoyed the shit out of my Superhawk when it was running right. I can still enjoy it, somewhat, but it's not the same wheelie happy, low end grunt that I'm used to. It's faaaar more nimble than a TL1000R, but I'm pretty sure the TL has more power.

This Superhawk almost feels like throwing around a big dirt bike.

Comment

Originally posted by Snatch Napkin View Post
      That's not a kick in the nuts, IMO. I enjoyed the shit out of my Superhawk when it was running right. I can still enjoy it, somewhat, but it's not the same wheelie happy, low end grunt that I'm used to. It's faaaar more nimble than a TL1000R, but I'm pretty sure the TL has more power.

This Superhawk almost feels like throwing around a big dirt bike.
      I just thought the smiley was funny. You'd probably like the sv1000 as well.
      Sucks that you still haven't figured out your issues.
      -2013 Mustang gt.

Comment

my first bike was a 140hp 1100cc bike. I did just fine. after that I've had like 6 other bikes. It all depends on the owner and how they ride it.
        HD Parts
        paul@maverickhd.com

Comment

Originally posted by 89stangGT View Post
          my first bike was a 140hp 1100cc bike. I did just fine. after that I've had like 6 other bikes. It all depends on the owner and how they ride it.
          I rode like an idiot, however the traffic when I first started riding was nothing compared to now.
          Whos your Daddy?

Comment

My first and only motorcycle was a Ninja 600. I put over 10K miles on it and it was great. I would recommend it as a great first bike especially over a 250 or 500 that you would grow out of in about a month of riding.

Comment

Originally posted by EW View Post
              My first and only motorcycle was a Ninja 600. I put over 10K miles on it and it was great. I would recommend it as a great first bike especially over a 250 or 500 that you would grow out of in about a month of riding.
              Another vote for a 600 (especially over a 250 or 500 but maybe not over the Ninja 650). Plenty of power, reasonably priced, and IMO won't get old quick. Pick up a used one and enjoy it.

Comment

I'm sure those are fine, but I have no desire to be on a frat boy street bike. No desire to be dragging a knee or riding wheelies on an uncomfortable bike

Comment

The 650 500 and 250 ninjas are more standard than sport bike. Pretty comfortable bikes. But it comes down to what you get used to. I find cruisers uncomfortable personally with my feet all splayed forward but that's my personal preference.

Check out bikes like the Versys or Vstrom. These bikes are VERY comfortable have good power and gas mileage and pretty good luggage capacity.
                  2004 Suzuki DL650
                  1996 Hy-Tek Hurricane 103

Comment

Originally posted by akfodysvn View Post
                    I'm sure those are fine, but I have no desire to be on a frat boy street bike. No desire to be dragging a knee or riding wheelies on an uncomfortable bike

if you don't want an uncomfortable bike, don't get a V-rod lol. you're getting it for looks, no? that's what most people get them for. that's what I consider a "frat boy" bike. not one that can actually handle and be worth something.
                    HD Parts
                    paul@maverickhd.com

Comment

Seems like most think vrod is plenty comfortable. I would be getting a bike similar to it because of the power, looks, and comfort. Muscle cruisers are what I like... so what, I could care less what you personally like. I live in a college town full of douchebags who ride their super sport bikes in flip flops and pleated khaki shorts, seems to be the growing trend for that area of owners. I want a bike that fits my purpose... cruising, not a bike with an extremely uncomfortable position to not utilize what it's made for. I'm not "stunting" or going to be pursuing a moto GP career, so that bike doesn't fit my needs at all. It would be like the majority who own supersports and zip from stop light to stop light not utilizing the bike for what it was made for. I sure as fuck might kill myself on a supersport as like the masses on this board... I like to go fast and it's addicting, but that's not the reason behind my needs for a bike.

Comment

Originally posted by akfodysvn View Post
                        Seems like most think vrod is plenty comfortable. I would be getting a bike similar to it because of the power, looks, and comfort. Muscle cruisers are what I like... so what, I could care less what you personally like. I live in a college town full of douchebags who ride their super sport bikes in flip flops and pleated khaki shorts, seems to be the growing trend for that area of owners. I want a bike that fits my purpose... cruising, not a bike with an extremely uncomfortable position to not utilize what it's made for. I'm not "stunting" or going to be pursuing a moto GP career, so that bike doesn't fit my needs at all. It would be like the majority who own supersports and zip from stop light to stop light not utilizing the bike for what it was made for. I sure as fuck might kill myself on a supersport as like the masses on this board... I like to go fast and it's addicting, but that's not the reason behind my needs for a bike.
                        2004 Suzuki DL650

Comment

I'll bite...

Comment

Mostly just stirring the pot man haha. Did you wind up with the V-Rod or are yous till looking?
                            2004 Suzuki DL650

Comment

Originally posted by Lason View Post
                              Andonized sweet!

Price is ok but some stuff to think about, 2007 and newer have 5 gallon tanks vs 3 gallon on that one. They also have wider 240 rear tires vs 180 on those. Lastly 1250cc motors instead of earlier 1130cc. If those aren't important then go for it, Andonized is sweet!

Also check out 1130cc.com

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
                              Anodized.
                              ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Stopping every 100 miles for gas is a pain in the ass... even if youre only riding to Arkansas or Nebraska...

Comment

Working...
                                X