No announcement yet.

Suggest a training course in N. Dallas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggest a training course in N. Dallas?

My old man is starting to develop the itch to ride. He's never been on a bike before, and I'd like to get him into a one day training course somewhere in N. Dallas (he lives in W. Plano).

He would need the bike and all safety gear to be provided, and probably doesn't want anything beyond a really empty parking lot to ride around in for a few hours.

Anyone have any suggestions on where to send him?

sounds like a problem I don't wish on any body....
    either way, I don't see what paying for training would really solve here.
    A cheap air cooled dirt bike and a parking lot / dirt field would be as good as anything.
    Learning the basics of riding isn't really rocket science, it's just muscle memory , practice, practice, practice

do it safe (dirt if you ask me), and he'll certainly need much more than a day to understand the physics/dynamics involved for two wheel riding

Comment

Seems like he just needs to take the msf. $180, almost two full days of on bike time. They start out with how to properly mount the bike and end with 30mph weaving, and everything in-between.

2012 GT500

Comment

I took the MTC class. 2 days mostly riding but some classroom and they supply a lil 250 street bike and a helmat if needed. You need long sleeve shirt and leather gloves and shatter resistant eye protection. I had a lot of dirt experiance but I found this class helpful when I got my Harley.

Comment

Working...
        X