This will never happen again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This will never happen again...

Today going to work I was merging onto the freeway doing well over the speed limit on the bike. Reason being is I absolutely hate trying to merge onto the freeway, change four lanes to get into the HOV lane when there's bumper to bumper traffic all going 70mph. If there is a gap I will get to it and then make my lane changes. For me I fully believe that is safer for everyone around, unfortunately it'll catch the attention of the po-lice.
    I was pulled over several miles later, once he reached his county, and the cop was visibly pissed. He was lecturing me and I sat there dumbfounded with how to respond after the "do you know I could take you to jail/jail worth it/your life worth speeding..." grilling. He finally said, "I am giving you every chance here." That is when I interrupted him and started graveling in saying how sorry I was and it was a bad decision all around. It all depends on the cop. Some like that and others don't want to hear any of it. I figured since I had no excuse to just stay silent and listen intently. After that he seemed to calm down, asked if I have a family and said "That's what I always think about when riding, getting back to my family..." I hung on his every word and made sure to react with with as much ass kissing as I could." He finally said, "Are we square?" and of course I was all about trying to be his best friend.
    Here you can go to jail for going 25 over the speed limit and there was a short stretch in an open lane with no traffic ahead of me where I hit 95 in a 65 which is what he told me was my offense. I have no idea why he let me go. Only thing I can think of is he wasn't on shift yet and didn't feel like dealing with the hassle. Whatever the case may be, this is the luckiest day in my being pulled over history.
    So for now, the moral of the story is, don't act a fool with your pants on the ground when riding your motor scooter.

You cant go to jail for speeding. He is wrong

Comment

I live in VA. You surely can as well as be charged with reckless driving/riding which is a criminal offense.

Comment

Originally posted by wayne fontenot View Post
        You cant go to jail for speeding. He is wrong
        Excessive speed can land you a reckless driving charge which can land you in jail
        http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Double the speed limit can land you in jail, no matter the posted mph that would suck to go to jail for doing 40mph in a 20

Comment

Double the limit like my 85 in the 40 years ago can land you in jail here

Comment

I got pulled over @ 102 in a 45 around 6 months ago on a Denton backroad. Didn't get a ticket either. Luckiest day of my life.
              2012 GT500

Comment

Sure you can be charged with wreckless driving or something else but speeding is not an arrestable offense

Comment

Sure you can be charged with wreckless driving or something else but speeding is not an arrestable offense
                  Not sure who this is targeted to, but here 25mph and over is an arrestable offense. It's up to the cop's digression.

Comment

Originally posted by krazy kris View Post
                    Double the speed limit can land you in jail, no matter the posted mph that would suck to go to jail for doing 40mph in a 20
                    Not in Texas, not for speeding or doing 40 in a 20.

He's not in Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                      Not sure who this is targeted to, but here 25mph and over is an arrestable offense. It's up to the cop's digression.
                      It would then be classified as either Racing, or reckless driving.

You can't be arrested for speeding, or an open container. Just an FYI.

** ASSuming you are in Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                        It would then be classified as either Racing, or reckless driving.

You can't be arrested for speeding, or an open container. Just an FYI.

** ASSuming you are in Texas.
                        Oh, I forgot to say, as long as you sign the citation you can't be arrested for it.

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
                          Not in Texas, not for speeding or doing 40 in a 20.

He's not in Texas.
                          My bad... In Texas it isnt.

Comment

Originally posted by Cobraman View Post
                            I got pulled over @ 102 in a 45 around 6 months ago on a Denton backroad. Didn't get a ticket either. Luckiest day of my life.
                            Dumb squid.
                            2006 Civic SI
                            2009 Pilot
                            1988 GT
                            CRF50

Widebody whore.

Comment

Originally posted by beefed88 View Post
                              Dumb squid.
                              Haha. Yep. Long straight back road. nobody was around and I wanted to see what the bike would do.
                              2012 GT500

Comment

Working...
                              X