This will never happen again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
    It would then be classified as either Racing, or reckless driving.

You can't be arrested for speeding, or an open container. Just an FYI.

** ASSuming you are in Texas.
    I must clarify. Once a speeding offense is committed the charge will be speeding. It will list the actual speed, posted speed and may or may not have reckless as a charge as well. So yes, technically it is reckless, but can be written for speed only. If that makes any sense whatsoever. Reckless is treated as a criminal offense, is basically the same as a DUI and you must go to a criminal court, hire a criminal lawyer and deal with a criminal judge that all like to criminalize together.

Originally posted by BradM View Post
    Oh, I forgot to say, as long as you sign the citation you can't be arrested for it.
    I suppose if a cop does want to stop and arrest someone for reckless they'd rather get the cuffs on them, throw them into the back of the car first before writing a citation. LOL. Never thought of that.

Originally posted by Cobraman View Post
    Haha. Yep. Long straight back road. nobody was around and I wanted to see what the bike would do.
    Guy I dealt with during this stop basically said if I was on an open stretch of road he wouldn't care what speed I was going, but "the people driving around you in this area don't have their head screwed on straight..." I was relieved to hear that. I thought I was the only one who believed that.
    Last edited by SS Junk; 01-30-2013, 06:42 AM.

Comment

cool story. shouldnt have stopped..

Comment

I can assure you, In Texas, you can not be arrested and taken to jail for speeding, at least @ 2001 ish. You Can however go to jail for unsafe speed, as a ride in a police car, handcuffed in the backseat, while being lectured, while speeding and being slightly thrown about the car, I was taken by a Grayson County Sherrif deputy. At that time the squad cars would run @ 135 with a full light bar. I backed outa the throttle @ 145 as I came up on a couple of cars, the deputy (no lights at this time and dark so I had no idea that was what initially came quickly up on me a couple miles back) pulled up on my ass, lit the lights, we pulled over, he was very unhappy, blah blah blah, I get out of the car, we go to jail.

Comment

Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
          cool story. shouldnt have stopped..
          Some of us have a lot to lose, dear boy.

Comment

They will usually let you go if you pull over. IMO, going that fast on a bike I would not think that he would even try to catch you.

But yes it seems like every time I was pulled over for speeding on my bike they would tell me "thanks for pulling over" and to "slow down"...

Comment

Originally posted by wishitwasasvt View Post
              They will usually let you go if you pull over. IMO, going that fast on a bike I would not think that he would even try to catch you.

But yes it seems like every time I was pulled over for speeding on my bike they would tell me "thanks for pulling over" and to "slow down"...
              Yep or I just wave at them when they go by. I will chase the occasional scrub, in flip flops, and no helmet, a few blocks to see if they know how to ride. Only when they are acting like jack asses and doing stupid shit in front of a squad trying to be funny.
              Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Working...
              X