Who's an expert in here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Steve View Post
    BJJ is heavy workout on your core muscles using positive and negative weight at all sorts angles rather than just repetitive machine like movements when lifting weights. Your core (abs/back) get incredibly strong from BJJ training.

As far as my knee goes, I don't pivot on my feet at all since I'm on the ground on my back or on top of someone else. That being said, I still can throw high head kicks using that leg with ease, I just suck up the discomfort. It doesn't pop out of place like it used to when I first hurt hit. I'm learning everyday in training modifying my game of what I can and can't do.

If you'd like to come out and try a free lesson Brent to see what all the hype is about Brent, you're more than welcome to. It will make you strong and healthy, rebuild your shoulder strength naturally plus have alot fun in the process doing it.

I've actually thought about it. My kid wants to learn BJJ, but I haven't gotten serious about looking in to it. I asked Little Nick if he could recommend a place for kids, and he mentioned that the guy at the gym he is currently at does free lessons for kids, so we're going to check that out a time or three.

Appreciate the offer, but that's a long ass haul to make daily.
    Originally posted by BradM
    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
    Originally posted by Leah
    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
      I've actually thought about it. My kid wants to learn BJJ, but I haven't gotten serious about looking in to it. I asked Little Nick if he could recommend a place for kids, and he mentioned that the guy at the gym he is currently at does free lessons for kids, so we're going to check that out a time or three.

Appreciate the offer, but that's a long ass haul to make daily.
      Oh I understand. I'm not saying to join my school, just giving you an opportunity to come try the workout with a friend to make you feel comfortable. If you like the training, then we can find you a school in your area. Most people find it difficult just to walk in the doors of a training center because it's abit intimidating. I'm offering to help you get pass that part so you can get the chance to experience the art I love so much.

Comment

Oh I understand. I'm not saying to join my school, just giving you an opportunity to come try the workout with a friend to make you feel comfortable. If you like the training, then we can find you a school in your area. Most people find it difficult just to walk in the doors of a training center because it's abit intimidating. I'm offering to help you get pass that part so you can get the chance to experience the art I love so much.
        Would you happen to have any input on good schools in the area for kids? I'm in Las Colinas. I don't mind driving, but Wylie/Sachse is a bit far.

Comment

Would you happen to have any input on good schools in the area for kids? I'm in Las Colinas. I don't mind driving, but Wylie/Sachse is a bit far.
          My suggestion for your area - http://www.mohlerjiu-jitsu.com/

They have a great kids program, including one of the top kids for the last 10 years training there, Drake Dudley.

Comment

They have a great kids program, including one of the top kids for the last 10 years training there, Drake Dudley.
            Thanks for the info! I just called and got some info. Holy shit, I thought baseball was expensive! It's probably worth it, though.

Comment

Thanks for the info! I just called and got some info. Holy shit, I thought baseball was expensive! It's probably worth it, though.
              BJJ kids are some of the best kids you will ever meet. Very well behaved if they have the right instructor. Kids have alot of stress these days and aren't taught how to deal with it. Any martial arts will help kids rid them of their stress. Most of their lives their told not to yell, scream and hit. But in martial arts they are not only allowed to do that, but encouraged to do so in turn they learn to deal.

At our school, we have a program that is quickly gaining noterity across the country (was even on Oprah recently) called the Bullyproof program. It teaches kids to properly deal with bullies verbally and physically. I'll be getting my certification in this program before long so I can help more kids deal with bullies.

Comment

Btw, at least TRY BJJ for yourself before judging it on the pricing. You'll be amazed what it can do for you personally if you just give it a try.

Comment

BJJ kids are some of the best kids you will ever meet. Very well behaved if they have the right instructor.

I did karate for a year or two when I was a kid, and really enjoyed it. I got really serious with soccer, and just didn't have time for it anymore. As an adult, I wish I had stuck with it, or some form of martial arts. I'd probably be a bit better at dealing with stress if I had, and that's kind of what I'm going for with him. Kid's had a really, really rough life, and I think this would help him deal with the shit that he wont' talk about.

Comment

I did karate for a year or two when I was a kid, and really enjoyed it. I got really serious with soccer, and just didn't have time for it anymore. As an adult, I wish I had stuck with it, or some form of martial arts. I'd probably be a bit better at dealing with stress if I had, and that's kind of what I'm going for with him. Kid's had a really, really rough life, and I think this would help him deal with the shit that he wont' talk about.
                    If there is anything I can do to help let me know. If money is tight, I'll teach himself myself for free if it's what it takes to help him.

Comment

If there is anything I can do to help let me know. If money is tight, I'll teach himself myself for free if it's what it takes to help him.
                      Appreciate the offer, I really do. Not that I can't afford it, just more than I thought it would be. He did say though, they want him there a minimum of twice a week, but the monthly fee would cover as many times as he wants to go, and they do 6 kids' classes a week. A bonus with that place, is they have weights and machines that are open for parents to use while the kids are practicing, so I could workout there instead of getting a membership to 24hr. I've about hit the limit on what I can do with my freeweights and bench.

Comment

Appreciate the offer, I really do. Not that I can't afford it, just more than I thought it would be. He did say though, they want him there a minimum of twice a week, but the monthly fee would cover as many times as he wants to go, and they do 6 kids' classes a week. A bonus with that place, is they have weights and machines that are open for parents to use while the kids are practicing, so I could workout there instead of getting a membership to 24hr. I've about hit the limit on what I can do with my freeweights and bench.
                        Sounds like an awesome deal to me. Two birds with one stone. Anything that can save a parent some time getting multiple things done at once is worth its weight in gold. I've learned this all too well in the last two years. lol.

Comment

Good gym, my boy Ryan Benoit trains there. :cool:
                          www.LockoutSupplements.com
                          discount code = dfwmustangs

Comment

New location just opened last week in Cedar Hill at Uptown Village.

Comment

I'm not an expert. I've lost 30 this year so far and plan to lose 25+ next year too and keep it off.

The real honest key is to have goals! Now I'm not talking about pounds lost goals either. Those are easy to screw up.

You need to have something you are training for to really succeed. A 5K or 10K run, a marathon, a target weight to lift, a 400m sprint time, a bicycle ride distance or time, a triathlon, a mountain you want to climb anything. You need to have fitness related goals that are not based on pounds lost. Then and only then will you find systematic easy weight loss.

Comment

Working...
                              X