IWB carry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IWB carry

So I'm planning on getting my CHL next month and was curious if you guys had to buy larger waisted pants to accommodate the extra space taken up by your CC.

Guess my fatass should just lose some weight instead.

Originally posted by samuel642000 View Post
    So I'm planning on getting my CHL next month and was curious if you guys had to buy larger waisted pants to accommodate the extra space taken up by your CC.

I was going to have to until my brother in law bought me my holster; check out crossbreed holsters... I am happy with mine and it conceals nicely

I'm 5'4 and 130

Comment

You typically have to wear a size larger pants. Also, don't forget you'll need a real belt. Bullhide or horsehide are the way to go, if you don't want a rigger belt. Cowhide stretches too much for a gunbelt. I like my Galco King-Tuk for an IWB holster. I carried a 1911 all the way to Colorado and back, and it was comfortable in the car and everything. Be prepared to try multiple holsters.
      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Alien gear holsters are another option. I have IWB and OWB and like them both. Carry a Glock 30s and it's very comfortable.

Comment

Holster will depend on your preference. I found a full kydex that I like, made by 4 corners concealment. Their prices were some of the best I have found. I haven't worn it in the summer yet, so that may change.

Definitely get a quality belt, the support they give are essential.
          Originally posted by Leah
          Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

It depends on what gun you want to carry, but generally I carry in my normal size pants without issue. Tighter pants help the belt do it's job. I have an Aker Reinforced Leather CC belt - Probie liked it so much that he ordered one after wearing mine- fantastic belt for a good price and 2 day shipping from amazon.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Aker-Leather-Products-Concealed-Carry/dp/B00LIRMXA4[/ame]

On a side note- I've been wearing my new stealthgear AIWB rig for my HK and I'll never buy another brand of holster. This thing rocks. stealthgearusa.com
            2012 GT500

Comment

If you like the crossbreed, make sure to check out crossbreedseconds.com and see if they don't have what you want on the cheap.

Comment

I use a Crossbreed knockoff. I have not needed to buy larger pants, but I wear them a little big anyhow (loose fit). There is also plenty of fat to be squished out of the way to compensate for the added girth of the pistol and holster. I do go one notch looser on my belt.

Comment

Originally posted by lowthreeohz View Post
                  If you like the crossbreed, make sure to check out crossbreedseconds.com and see if they don't have what you want on the cheap.
                  or try vedderholsters. Equal quality, cheaper, ships out in 3 days.
                  2012 GT500

Comment

Originally posted by Cobraman View Post
                    or try vedderholsters. Equal quality, cheaper, ships out in 3 days.
                    Mine is from https://www.harwellholsters.com/, and I have been pretty happy with it. It was cheaper than Crossbreed, and shipped within a day or two. I was going to get a Crossbreed when I bought this, but their wait was like a month or more at the time.

Comment

Crossbreed user here. They got my holster and belt to me in under 2 weeks less than a month ago. The horsehide can and will squeak when new. Just a fyi. The last time i ordered from them it took like 3 months. That was when he was a one man show. Check amazon. I could have got a supertuck in cowhide for my new shield there in 2 days due to prime. They had them in stock.

As far as pants size goes a size bigger helps, but if your fat like i am even with a gunbelt you still have to wear it tight to keep from the gun sagging.

I do not recommend the cross breed belt. It works, but the quality is lacking like from a quality maker. The belt is fine, but needs more finish work. A good double thickness shoulder cow hide belt is plenty imho. I just retired one after 8 years , and its still in good shape after being worn daily for all those years. The problem is i got fat.

Whatever you do buy a belt, it does make that big of a difference.

Comment

I have an appalacian concealment Appendix-IWB holster for my S&W Shield, nice an comfortable. I did not have to go up in pant size on any of my jeans/shorts

Comment

I've been looking at alien gear, crossbreed, and bravo concealment and probably going to start off with the Alien Gear first and go from there.

Thanks for the tip on the belt, that never crossed my mind to get another one for carrying.

I don't wear extremely tight pants or loose pants, but my Cinch jeans fit nicely, I.e. I don't need a belt to keep them from falling off. Guess the only real way to know is experiment, Right ?

Comment

I've been looking at alien gear, crossbreed, and bravo concealment and probably going to start off with the Alien Gear first and go from there.

Thanks for the tip on the belt, that never crossed my mind to get another one for carrying.

I don't wear extremely tight pants or loose pants, but my Cinch jeans fit nicely, I.e. I don't need a belt to keep them from falling off. Guess the only real way to know is experiment, Right ?
                            Alien gear is cheapo. They aren't terrible- check out some reviews on youtube
                            2012 GT500

Comment

Originally posted by Cobraman View Post
                              Alien gear is cheapo.
                              Holster snob.

Comment

Working...
                              X