Keto diet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The King View Post
    Hard boiled eggs to this day remain one of my favorites too.
    I bet your co-workers love you!

Comment

• Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
      I bet your co-workers love you!
      To be honest I hardly ever bring them in, but I nearly always keep up a supply at home. They've never really given me any issues, use Eggland's Best of course.

Comment

• I'm just saying the smell of boiled eggs alone. Love them, but they smell more like boiled ass.

Comment

• Nah, they’re the perfect food...all in one package.

The worst thing with respect to co-workers might be if someone microwaves some sort of leftover fish.

Comment

• I have been doing the Keto shit for about a month and a half now and it works great. We have a fantastic cafeteria at work and I get five egg whites and bacon every morning. At lunch it is Salmon and grilled vegetables after a 5-10 mile run.
            Originally posted by racrguy
            What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
            Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
              I have been doing the Keto shit for about a month and a half now and it works great. We have a fantastic cafeteria at work and I get five egg whites and bacon every morning. At lunch it is Salmon and grilled vegetables after a 5-10 mile run.
              Have you experienced any strength loss, or endurance issues with keto?

Comment

I went off Keto yesterday for a meal and again for breakfast. My cardio and weight workouts felt much easier today.
                I’m going to stick with intermittent fasting, low carb, and low sugar, but I’m not going to stay on a true keto plan.

Comment

• My keto fasting/Snake Diet story:

I went ahead and did 2 weeks of the Snake Diet prior to thanksgiving. Starting weight was 149.8. I did a bunch of 48/36 hour fasts broken by 1,000-1,200 calorie meals. I had a keto-friendly cheat day (Red Lobster endless shrimp for date night with the wife) that was easily in excess of 3,500 calories but, other than that, it was straight forward. Last day I showed 139.7 on the scale. I was pissing dark purple on the strips constantly and was in deep ketosis for almost the entire strath.

Since then I’ve had multiple thanksgiving meals, some beer, some whisky, 2 gallons of ice cream (legit) and have also been doing intermittent fasting. This morning my scale weight was 144.8 and it’s been around that since the weekend. I gained back some of the water I cut. I haven’t lost any strength and I am eating right at maintenance during my window and staying pretty keto friendly. I’m a huge fan, I have lost adecent amount of belly/love handle fat and have a lot more upper body definition. I know RuffDaddy isn’t a fan, but that shit works. YMMV.
                  Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                  I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                  Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                  Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                  dont downshift!!
                  Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                    I’m going to stick with intermittent fasting, low carb, and low sugar, but I’m not going to stay on a true keto plan.
                    Whatever works for you.

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
                    My keto fasting/Snake Diet story:
                    Almost verbatim of what I've experienced thus far. Gained close to 10lbs after consuming mounds of food over the holiday. Doing 24 hour fasts right now and have lost 4lbs in the last 5 days. What I like about this right now is there is no guilt when wanting to break fasts or keto. Being in a fat adapted mindset it's almost as easy losing as it is gaining, at least for me.

Comment

Nope, ran 11.5 miles at a nine minute pace yesterday. Full steam ahead!
                      What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                      Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Whatever works for you.

Almost verbatim of what I've experienced thus far. Gained close to 10lbs after consuming mounds of food over the holiday. Doing 24 hour fasts right now and have lost 4lbs in the last 5 days. What I like about this right now is there is no guilt when wanting to break fasts or keto. Being in a fat adapted mindset it's almost as easy losing as it is gaining, at least for me.
                        I’m doing the bacon fast with an egg twist currently (week in), one meal and then 23 hour fast:

1/2lb thick cut bacon, fry 4 eggs in the fat, strain and drink the bacon grease, wash it down with a quart or Snake juice and 2 glasses of bourbon. I have more definition than I have ever had. It’s wild.

Scale says 144.4 after eating. Purple keto piss strips. Chop that fat!
                        I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                        dont downshift!!

Comment

• Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
                          I’m doing the bacon fast with an egg twist currently (week in), one meal and then 23 hour fast:

1/2lb thick cut bacon, fry 4 eggs in the fat, strain and drink the bacon grease, wash it down with a quart or Snake juice and 2 glasses of bourbon. I have more definition than I have ever had. It’s wild.

Scale says 144.4 after eating. Purple keto piss strips. Chop that fat!
                          That sounds amazingly disgustingly delicious.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                            Nope, ran 11.5 miles at a nine minute pace yesterday. Full steam ahead!
                            Mix in the egg yolks to add the fat in and it’ll let you back off protein in caloric terms. Probably drive you deeper into ketosis. I seriously stayed in the dark purple range of the piss strips for 12-13 days. All day. I tested at night, morning, whenever. Always on the dark side of medium to borderline black. I sent some wild ass mid-day test photos of the strips to a few people, keto and fasting is legit.

I cannot wait for February when I’ve had a couple months of weight lifting and gaining then chopping down with fasting. I’ll what happens.
                            dont downshift!!

Comment

• Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
                              Mix in the egg yolks to add the fat in and it’ll let you back off protein in caloric terms. Probably drive you deeper into ketosis. I seriously stayed in the dark purple range of the piss strips for 12-13 days. All day. I tested at night, morning, whenever. Always on the dark side of medium to borderline black. I sent some wild ass mid-day test photos of the strips to a few people, keto and fasting is legit.

I cannot wait for February when I’ve had a couple months of weight lifting and gaining then chopping down with fasting. I’ll what happens.
                              I've always read that the darker the strip is doesn't necessarily mean better. Similar to being pregnant either you're in ketosis or not. Some of the boards say that trace amounts may actually be better because you're actually in the exact position you need to be in.

Any thoughts?

Comment

• I am back on track and was 203 this morning. 190's here i come!

Comment

Working...
                                X